Sunday, May 21, 2017

Learning about Brushes and some Flower Photography

Hello, Sunday! Hope you're all doing well! This weekend went by way too fast.... I've been taking advantage of sleeping in on weekends and it's been nice!!

So lately, I've been studying the different types of watercolor brushes out there and how to properly use them....from sizes, to shape, to the type of hair they have. Oh my gosh, so many - spotters, round, flat, angular, etc.... I feel like I'm back in school again...it's great! Love it!


The angular is, to me, one of the most difficult shapes to work with.  Used mostly for detail work but also for making those fabulous three dimensional curves that are needed for roses, tulips, and petals.....I'm not even on that level yet....I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I became with the angular brush the other day, I just couldn't get the 'curves' I was looking for with some of my roses....


But that's ok, have patience, I tell myself...... I keep practicing....loads of fun, and I hope to get better with each practice.

In other news, I've been taking tons of photos of flowers, trees, etc......so many blooms this time of the year that I can't pass on not capturing the beauty of each one - get ready for some flower power!!


Jacaranda Trees!! Yes, please! I admire these so much:


I rarely see orange roses, these are my fav!



Love the brilliance of yellow roses:


Carnations are always so sweet:


I don't think I have ever posted that many 'real' flowers before. Enjoy and have a beautiful week coming up!! xo

1 comment:

Ashley Newell said...

WOW! Your watercoloring looks phenomenal!!!