Friday, April 21, 2017

Inspired by a gift bag.....

It's Friday!! Yay!!!  Happy, happy......so, today, I was killing some time before school pick-up - and I went and browsed around inside some stores and saw these gorgeous watercolor gift bags - not that hard that it caught my eye immediately....and I fell in love with this gift bag below - it just screamed 'my mom' and I knew that I had to snatch it up just for her.

I couldn't wait to get home and paint a matching card to go with it:


To make the background appear bluish like the bag, I, first, smeared some Tim Holtz distress ink onto the background - Broken China.  I let it dry, and then proceeded to start painting the florals on top of it.  Some of the leaves on the bag are a super, dark green and almost blackish, I rarely use deep purple and black together so I wasn't sure how this would turn out on paper.....but I went for it anyway....

All that was used was black, white,  a touch of yellow, dark green, light green, purple blue, lavender, and deep purple.

The only things stamped was a butterfly and the sentiment - from a very old W9Plus set.

Had some leftover cardstock and made another card.....this second one did not have to match exactly like the bag so I went for more of a freestyle design but used all the same colors:


I have a question.....What do you all use for white paint?? Brand? I'm in need of a super white ink that I can paint white leaves.....the problem is, I can't seem to find a white ink that will appear a solid white on cardstock....so hard!  If you have a favorite white ink that works well on watercolor paper...hit me up with the info....would love to know!

Oh, and if you want that bag up above - and there is an assortment of other beautiful, watercolor bags as well - at TJ Maxx (if you have one in your area)....go now, before they are all gone....they ranged from about $1.29 to $2.79, somewhere around there, super pretty!!

Have a beautiful weekend! Cheers! xo

2 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Both cards are beautiful Tiffany. The one matching the gift bag looks like it was done by the maker. The match is perfect!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a gorgeous take on the bag, it's perfect! Love the inspiration and the card, and thanks so much for my snail mail, what a treat to get a Tiffany original!