Monday, April 17, 2017

Card sets for my mom and never-before-seen photos of her.....

My sweet, little mom requested a whole bunch of cards from me so that she may give to her friends.....of course, I was happy to make them for her.  Been having a lot of fun swooshing around my paintbrushes and making different designs for her and in a multitude of colors.


The set above I tried to make them all look a like but I mentioned previously that it's almost impossible for me to exactly replicate a flower so I made each one slightly different, the differences are very minimal, but you can tell they are not exactly the same.  I think I've used every color of the rainbow on another set not shown here, and can't wait to give these to her. Hope she likes them.

Anyway, since I'm talking about my mom, it's almost Mother's Day, and what are you giving to your mom or doing for her?? It gets harder every year, doesn't it?? What do you give to one of the most important and perfect person in your life? The woman who has taught you and is still teaching you all about this so called thing about 'life'?  I have not a clue what I'm doing for her and I'm sure I'll make a special card just for her....still undecided.

I try to keep this blog strictly to just my artsy stuff and steer away from personal photos.....but....every once-in-a-while, I make an exception....and since I'm in the mood for rambling and honoring my mom today, thought I would post these photos of her......when she was very little....perhaps 10 or 11. Not really sure the exact age at all.

These are rare and precious and she had thought she lost all of her childhood photos when we fled the war in the 70's.  But, fortunately, her sister had safely hidden these photos of her and years and years later was able to retrieve them and send them to my mom.  Just a few months ago, all the kids finally got a glimpse for the first time of my mom as a little girl.


She is sooooo sweet, if you ever met her, you would fall in love with her....she is hilarious! She is complex, yet simple......I think I get my simplicity from her.....she is traditional, yet she mixes her traditional values into a very modern age of thinking.


This is one of my favorites above, what a smile!

And the last one:


There were so many photos, but just a few here.....love my sweet mom! And of all the great qualities I love about my mom, there is one that stands out...she is.... forgiving.....a trait that I find exceptionally difficult to have, yet she has taught me a lot about love, kindness, and...... forgiveness.....truly a remarkable lady! I can't wait to see you for Mother's Day this year.....

6 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

What a wonderful post! Your cards are beautiful, Tif and the pictures of your Mom are enchanting! Jo x

Dawn Turley said...

A touching post Tiffany, what pleasure to be able to see photos of your Mum as a child. Love the set of cards you have made.

Lin said...

What a treat, Tif, to get to see your beautiful Mother! Thanks so much for the share!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Tiff, this is so precious. I'm glad that your mom was able to get back some of her childhood pictures. She's beautiful.

Miriam Prantner said...

Those florals are beautiful! Love the lines, and what a gift that your mom was able to get her family photos back! I love it, and would love to hear more about your family and their story if you are ever in the mood to ramble some more. :)

Marilyn said...

So glad your family has these photo's of your Mother when she was a young girl and in a much happier time and place for her and her family. You have to keep the good memories in your heart, and not forget! Hugs Tiffany :)