Thursday, March 23, 2017

Psst....I have a little confession

When it comes to pretty, crafty things ....I honestly like to make them for, well.... other people.  That is really the true joy of creating - is to give to someone else. I rarely, if ever (aside from scrapbook pages), make anything for myself...

...like home decor.....for example.

You would think that as a crafty person, one would intensely create to beautify ones home, but I've never made the effort to.

Strange, hah? So, if you walk into my home and expect absolutely gorgeous color splattered everywhere - nope.....all my walls are white and bare, yet mildly functional.....


And yet, why is that? I ask myself what on earth has taken me so long to decorate? Time, perhaps?? When the kids are young? Everything is messy anyways, when you have young children, so why bother? And I would peruse countless hours on Pinterest and whatnot for dreamy ideas - clicking that 'PIN' button faster than lightning....

But lately....life has mellowed somewhat for me.....it's still busy, ofcourse...with everyday things.....but not quite as frantic as say 2 years ago or even 5 years ago. And I'm not saying life won't get busy again....for I know it will.

But for now, I'm being allowed a bit more time for me....and I'm starting to take advantage of that.....

So I finally went ahead and painted my own 8 x 10 wall art to hang up. Eeps! I'm so happy I did. Finished it up and got it framed.  It now gently hangs next to a piece of art that my son made and one of my wedding photos.

At the very end of the painting as it was drying, I really wanted to put an inspirational verse down on the left hand side, just a little below the pink rose.....I thought about it and then decided to leave as is and not touch it any further....

I'm pleased with the finished product...hoping to start up some other items as well soon! Yay~ So happy, and HAPPY SPRING~!

2 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful, as always, Tif! You should frame your beautiful art more often.....it's something that could be passed down in your family.

Anonymous said...

So light and dainty, very dream like...everything you make has that sweet and romantic touch!! -- Natalia --