Sunday, March 5, 2017

An 8 x 10

I finally got to sit down tonight and work on that bigger palette that I spoke of on a previous post.....A very sweet, dear friend of mine requested if I could make her an 8 x 10 piece of wall art for her home - so I obliged.

Was I a little nervous? Oh yes.

Was I scared to death I would make a mistake mid-way through - a definite yes...

But I forged on and finished this in roughly under 3 hours.  It was soooo much fun! After I got going on most of the bigger strokes, I wasn't really too worried:


She requested bold not soft, so I went with pretty much a little bit of every color imaginable - reds, purples, blues, various greens, pinks, oranges, yellows, and even threw in tiny bits of black and brown.  I will give this to her as is and she can frame it however she chooses.

I'm going to do a softer version later - probably just for me to keep - but I really enjoyed working with this much larger surface! I can't even imagine how long it would take to do one of those gigantic boards that you see in painting classes! Gasp!

And here are some regular sized cards I made a few days ago:


And worked with some light and loose watercoloring of Wildflowers on this one:


Ready for another beautiful and sunny week starting tomorrow, can't wait!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

WOW!! those are beautiful!! That top one is amazing!!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a gorgeous piece and the cards are so pretty! You get better and better!