Friday, February 24, 2017

Take time to reflect...

I'm really trying to branch out and use more colors that I don't normally lean towards, and I'm trying to play it up with my leaves, learning different shapes and sizes. Different brushstrokes, etc.  For this card, I mixed in yellow with green and soft vs. dark blues. And that's it! Only two colors - great challenge for myself to see how I could spread the colors around.



That sentiment is from a very old stamp set called Zenspirations from Impression/Obsession.  I thought it would go well stamped in the middle of this painting. I think it's quite fitting for so many reasons and so many people!! Everyone is on a journey of their own, no matter what it is that you do.....

If you are progressing in your own journey, that is wonderful! If you are not....then keep trying...never give up!

I'm so excited to start in a couple of weeks, if not sooner, a larger palette....making an 8 x 10.  I've never painted on anything bigger than a 6 x 4 so it will be interesting and a lot of fun!

Have a great week ahead everyone, enjoy! xoxo

4 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

What a beautiful card, Tif! Jo x

Lin said...

Tiffany, this is beautiful - love the colors! Swoooooon!

Dawn Turley said...

So pretty Tiffany. Your painting is really coming along. I love the beautiful scene I have sitting on my bookcase.

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous flowers/colors! Love how you framed the sentiment!