Monday, January 23, 2017

Let me count the days.....

....until my beautiful spring blooms arrive!! Actually...despite all of this freezing cold weather, I have already started seeing signs of 'spring' everywhere I go....stores getting out their spring lines and with Valentine's around the corner.....it's eye candy everywhere!!

Today, I did some watercoloring just before dinner and I was easily frustrated. I don't know why but you all know what I mean...some days....our crafty ideas just click and it works, other days, nothing seems to really produce on paper what we had envisioned.  Today was one of those days. I struggled with about 4 different palettes - and I simply just didn't like any of them.....so they all ended up in the trash.


I almost decided to clean up but I just left my paints out and went ahead and prepared dinner thinking I would put all the inks and paintbrushes away later.....well, afterwards, I decided to just try and paint one. more. time.  And so I did. Didn't think too hard about it and made this little mesh of everything together.

I always love adding in a very subtle touch of browns for the leaves here and there, just to balance out the pinks and purples which are my go-to colors.

Think I'll keep it blank for now without a sentiment.....

Looking forward to a beautiful week ahead!! The rain is dwindling down and we are finally getting some sunshine here! Yay!!

3 comments:

Lin said...

So lovely, Tif! Glad you kept at it! (though I think most of us would love to have the ones that went into the round bin!)

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous! I love your beautiful flower painting!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! Gorgeous flowers!