Thursday, November 24, 2016

Simplicity....in white space

I'm not usually up this late....but I was in need of some crafty time, so I started painting around 10 p.m., and well, it's now Thursday morning, Thanksgiving Day! Oh my, I'm going to be so tired later today...anyhow....this was my freestyle bird painting perched upon a single branch with some scattered flowers, it was originally a much bigger painting but I wasn't happy with the end result so I chopped the bottom half and decided to just go with the top half.....


It's funny how we always work around what we don't like and do so much cropping, editing, 'hiding' our little mistakes and whatnot....it's all in good fun! Crafting is such an amazing heart and soul warmer. It truly is pure relaxation!

After matting my bird onto the white card stock, I used a simple 'thank you' sentiment from Hero Arts. Color Layering Happy Day Flowers - CL864.  Inked it in Versafine Black, and I'm done.  I always love, intentionally, leaving a lot of white space and adding just that dab of color.

Must get to sleep, goodnight! Or goodmorning! Hope you find an abundance of things to be thankful for on this day! xoxo

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! Your painting gets better and better!