Friday, November 18, 2016

Brrrr....it is cold outside.....

....or at least that's what I tried to convey on this card. Today I worked with some snow, a much more colder and icy, stark, winter time look.


It's so enormously out of my comfort zone of normally soft, light pastel colors....but I really enjoyed stepping out into that area that challenges me the most, and I'm forever grateful for trying watercoloring....for I never really would have a few years ago.

There's still so much more I want to learn about painting and I'm still fine tuning and tweaking things along the way.

I've been keeping these paintings on a relatively small canvas of only 6 x 4.  It's pretty time consuming.  I can not imagine going for an 8 x 10, although I'm sure I will venture into a bigger canvas at some point. I'll have to remember to set aside additional amounts of time for larger paintings.  But just having fun creating and enjoying, definitely the key!

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a striking scene! I love the limited colors, gives it a really graphic look!