Thursday, October 27, 2016

Poinsettias in Lavender and Pink

After the blog hop (BTW, you still have time to begin the hop by starting HERE), my fellow Hero Arts Hostess Sisters inspired me to play with the Hero Arts Antique Poinsettia stamp. I'm normally not a fan of poinsettias at all, but - after using this stamp, I think I'm in love and have changed my mind! Gasp! I'm seeing lots of ways to use this stamp now. But first, I couldn't resist embossing and watercoloring it in pink:


And the 2nd version, I just had to do in purple - my two favorite colors - pink and purple, I always swoon over these two colors, no matter what....


Everything on both cards utilizes Hero Arts. I'll list the supplies in a bit.

I was also able to play around again with painting a scenery and today I chose to work with trees and more water and practicing shadows and reflection....oh boy, this was hard stuff....took a total of 2 hours to complete...I'm hoping to get faster with time......I'm learning a lot of little tid bits on making trees look realistic and depth as well...so much fun to experiment:


Hope you're all getting along beautifully with your holiday card making process!! Can't believe Christmas is almost here...crunch time!

Supplies:

Poinsettia stamp: Hero Arts - K6176 - Antique Poinsettia.
Dies: Hero Arts Frame cuts - DI303.
'tis the Season' Sentiment and Leaves: Color Layering Dimensional Bird - CL906.
'May the Beauty...' Sentiment: CL722.
Versafine Onyx Black.
Paintbrush.
Watercoloring inks.
Green Hills Ink: Field Notes - AF240.
Snow White embossing powder.
Heat gun.
Die Cutting Tool: CB.
Round corner punch.
Double sided adhesive tape.
Watercoloring paper: Tim Holtz.

3 comments:

cghundley said...

Beautiful watercoloring.
I love Purple, so these
are so pretty!
Carla from Utah

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful cards, love the soft pink and purple poinsettias! I think your landscape watercolor looks so pretty too.

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous flowers, and that painting is amazing!!!