Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Masculine Watercolor

If you are looking for the Hero Arts Hostess Blog Hop post, please go HERE.  Otherwise, today's post is a new one.

A while back, I had a gentleman ask me, "Tif, you paint a lot of flowers, is that all you paint?" - LOL - now that question wasn't meant to be rude or anything....in actuality, that was a very valid question. Yes, I like to paint a lot of florals...A LOT! Most of my designs are all about flowers.....I'm girly....and I like girly things.....but that question brings up a really good point....to grow in any art form, or any type of discipline....we have to keep learning new skills, and we have to keep growing our minds.

Masculine designs have always been a hard concept for me....but I accepted his challenge....and decided to try my hand at some masculine watercoloring.  This was the first one I made - it's supposed to be a beach front, big rocks, the sky, and the glaze and reflection of the water. Oh, and some birds at the water line....super difficult to paint the birds....they probably look like some clutter.....definitely something I have to work on.....


I see tons of area and time for improvement.....I tried another one too. Here is the 2nd painting:


This one has a bit more color - I added green for the brush and mixed in some orange and browns for the sky. The tinge of brown in the middle is supposed to be the river catching the reflection from some of the rocks....reflection...still something I would like to practice.

All in all, definitely a lot of fun to paint these....will definitely be practicing some more scenic backgrounds.  Such fun! Hope you all have a fabulous week!

3 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

These are wonderful! You are so talented.

Barbara Staradumsky said...

wow! I too am trying to learn watercoloring. Your beach scene is out of this world! I would love to know how you did it!

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic painting! It's absolutely beautiful!