Sunday, August 14, 2016

Perfectly imperfect

I used this fun splotching technique where there is really no precision in the strokes but more dabbling or quick 'splotching' with the paintbrush. It's soooo much fun....it's faster paced, it gives it that 'imperfect' and abstract look.


I wanted very bright colors to really make it pop....I thought about making the bird darker to contrast with the branches and flowers....but guess I just left it all blended together.  I think next time, I will make the bird a much deeper color.

Oh boy, I've really missed stamping and coloring and such.....painting/watercoloring is loads of fun and I've been enjoying the whole process, but I haven't actually picked up a stamp and stamped it on paper for a while, should try and get back into that soon.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the texture you get from this technique!