Monday, July 18, 2016

Summer Garden

Today was such a perfect day.....I don't have many 'perfect' days...but when I do...I cherish it! Everything just seemed to fall into place today...it was nice....so at the end of the day, when everything was taken care of, I sat back and relaxed a little...took out my inks...


..and dabbled in a more intricate piece. I made the branches and leaves more wavy and carefree....I tried making this much more spontaneous and not just strict lines up and down.  I added a few whimsical butterflies.  Still haven't gotten the hang of painting butterflies yet, oh - those are hard, but still practicing.

Hope the bright colors bring cheer to your day! Have a great rest of the week, everyone!

3 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

So lovely! I think the butterflies look fabulous:))

Virginia Lu said...

You have the ARTIST'S touch! I am sure you CAN paint butterflies. Don't be too hard on yourself now. Love this happy painting!

Unknown said...

Gosh, you are very talented!