Saturday, July 30, 2016

Out of my comfort zone....

Everyone knows that I like to dabble in very soft, delicate colors most of the time.... like the paintings below that I made today. These were totally spontaneous and quick strokes with a larger brush:


But every now and then, I will play with some bolder color schemes like this one below where I mixed a few purples together.  As much as I love purple, I rarely use it with deep black:


This was really a challenge for me, I didn't want this card to look too dark, too gothic like - so I added a touch of yellow here and there. Overall, I think it worked out the way I wanted it and will probably be a good card for a male recipient. Always sooo much fun to experiment!!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend and still enjoying your summer ~ xoxo

3 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

You are so talented!

Virginia Lu said...

FABULOUS!! Your comfort zone is WAY bigger than you think! Love them all!

Anonymous said...

Oh, tif! You are so versatile with your designs. Truly feminine and beautiful with everything you do. I really love that bird! ---Natalia.