Thursday, July 14, 2016

Birds on a Branch

Today, I focused on incorporating other elements into my paintings in addition to my florals.  So I tried my hand at painting some simple birds. This one is a really big, plump bird and pretty much covers the entire card.  I think I will downsize it just a tad on my next design. Blues and yellows and a touch of orange are colors I love to contrast on most birds.  Love using a mix of orange and reds as well.



On this one below, I dabbled with two birds and painted florals surrounding them.


I normally don't hone in on black too much as I prefer more delicate colors - so it was a fun challenge to work with richer, deeper colors.

Hope you're all having a beautiful day! xoxo

3 comments:

Lin said...

Keep the birds coming, Tiffany! I love them both, but that blue and yellow one sure did make me smile!

~amy~ said...

These are so very sweet!

Dotty Jo x said...

You are so clever! Jo x