Friday, January 29, 2016

Take time to reflect on your journey.....

Happy Friday! Just a few more cards today then I'm off and running again.  I'm far from where I want to be with my watercoloring skills....I would love to be at that point where I can master it, but watercoloring is hard, it's probably one of the hardest mediums to work with ~ in my opinion.  It takes lots and lots of practice and I will definitely be practicing more.....but this sentiment that I used on this card - I think states it perfectly how I feel....it's truly the 'journey' and progress:


I've also been playing with different types of ink to see which ones work best.....so much fun to explore and experiment.  Some inks I've found run and are too wet.  Often times I feel I don't have the right tip for the brush.  Right? We all lack some type of crafty tool that we want! ;)


So much more experimenting to do.  Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! xoxo

Supplies:
Distress Inks and Memento Inks.
Tim Holtz Watercolor/Distress Papers.
Sentiment: Impression Obsession and Hero Arts.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Hello my friend. Two beautiful cards!! Love the saying in the top one. January has had me busy but I hope to be around more to see what you are creating!!

Anonymous said...

I normally do not comment but thought I would now. I've been following you for a while and admire your work. These are beautiful cards. I met you briefly when you designed for Lizzie Anne back then - youre just one of the nicest people - in this industry. Really lovely work.

Maryann T.

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh I love the sentiment on that first card and the flowers are so pretty!