Friday, September 25, 2015

Non-Traditional vs. Traditional colors for Christmas

...which do you prefer? Or do you like both? And Flowers! I don't believe in flowers being used solely for Spring and Summer time. Definitely love incorporating them on Christmas cards.

I know, I'm using this same floral stamp that you've seen me use before.  You're probably getting tired of seeing it....I always have to play with a stamp that I love too much and exhaust it until I move on to my next stamp. :)  I switched the colors around and opted for a super bright pink and green mix and also double stamped the leaves:


The sentiment comes from this set called Merry Christmas Messages - a set where I really love all of the fonts!

And my next card, I used soother tones with maroons, oranges, sepia and tans for a more richer, autumn look:


Have a lovely weekend!

Supplies:

Cardstock: Neenah Solar White.
Corner rounder: EK Success.
Floral stamp: Penny Black/Gentle Whisper/40-331.
Memento Inks: Rich Cocoa, Rhubarb Stalk, Potter's Clay, Desert Sand.
Hero Arts Ink: Green Hills. AF240.
Bird/Leaves stamps: Simon Says Stamps/Giving Thanks.
Sentiments: Hero Arts/Merry Christmas Messages/CL722.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Tim Holtz Inks: Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry.
Ribbon: Cream Satin.
Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye.

5 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

gorgeous cards Tiffany. I really love the bright colours on your first one. And the beautiful muted colours on the second one are wonderful

lenny said...

Both cards are stunning, Tiffany!! Love the colors that you chose!!Always love project photos!! How you present your cards/layouts, ... so fun!!

Anonymous said...

So you are an artist too! Wow. Hi - I'm Kasey. I follow you over on your instagram yoga account. Love how good you are with yoga. and now I see your wonderful cards and crafts. So nice to know a little more about you.

Hugs,
Kasey Renee Taylor

Virginia Lu said...

I love both...and I know you have more ideas if you keep at it! These are so fresh and gorgeous! Keep them coming, my friend!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful cards! Love the mix of colors!