Tuesday, September 15, 2015

have a happy day

I'm back with another card I made today.....this has been the craziest summer weather ever, don't get me wrong, you all know I LOVE summer and the heat....but this strange heat wave plus a summer rain that we had today - eeks.....it makes me wonder what the winter will be like....my card features some stamps from this set called Color Layering Dimensional Bird.  So much fun playing with this set:


I used several ink sets to stamp the different parts of the bird - a combination of Memento Inks and Hero Arts Shadow inks.  The background splotches were created using this ink set called Color Lights by Lia from Hero Arts, and mixing them all with a bit of water.

The branch I stamped twice, once on the die cut piece and another behind on the matted cardstock.  I propped up the die piece for a little dimension.

The sentiment is from this set called Color Layering Happy Day Flowers.

Supplies:

Cardstock: Neenah Solar White.
Red cardstock: Doodlebug.
Distress Watercoloring cardstock: Tim Holtz.
Pigment inks: Hero Arts/AF316/Color Lights by Lia.
Sentiment: Hero Arts/CL864/Color Layering Happy Day Flowers.
Die: Pretty Pink Posh/Stitched Banner Duo 2.
Bird: Hero Arts/CL906/Color Layering Dimensional Bird.
Memento Inks: Lady Bug, Cottage Ivy, Bamboo leaves, Tangelo, Canteloupe, Grape Jelly.
Black Ink for sentiment: Versafine Onyx Black.
Shadow Inks: Hero Arts/AF240/Field Notes.
Enamel Dots: MME/Black and Gray.
Double sided adhesive tape.
Die cutting tool: Provo Craft/C-Bug.

1 comment:

lenny said...

Wonderful card!!! Love that bright and happy bird!!