Tuesday, February 10, 2015

You're a real 'cutie'....and....Teachers Valentine's

Hi all!! Awwww.....Valentine's....one of my favorite holidays.  I think it comes in 2nd to Christmas, or maybe I've moved it to the #1 spot now. ;)) There's just something magical about it, I love it for the kids especially, it's so joyful for them....and I love making frilly stuff for the teachers and the aids.  Is everyone ready for Valentine's?  I have finished up the Valentine's for teachers but have not finished up the kiddie ones yet.

For the teachers and aids, I made little glassine treat bags and filled with goodies and decorated the outside with some floral pins, satin ribbons, doilies, yummy twine, burlap, heart-shaped fabric and a stamped tag:


They turned out really adorable, I used four different colors for four ladies:


Teachers do so much for our kids, I love to spoil them a little.  And it doesn't have to be anything expensive, just something small, sweet, and use your existing supplies!! I did buy the glassine bags, and little knick knacks but other than that, I pretty much already had everything else.


That's it for the teacher's gifts.

Next up, I took to Pinterest for inspiration......and I thought doing something more healthy as the Valentine's for kids would be a good idea.  This would be the 2nd year that I've done a none-candy theme.  You will need a small see-through snack bag, a heart punch, your choice of patterned papers, orange ribbon, and you can print out this free printable tag that is shown below HERE :


This tag is so perfect for the Tangerine/Cutie (fruit) theme that I had in mind.  And since cuties are so popular right now, even my boy LOVES cuties.  We eat them so much around here.  I simply take a tiny plastic bag, insert the cutie and any other accessories you want (punched hearts), punch a hole through the tag, use the ribbon and tie a bow at the top of the bag.


And you're done! Don't hesitate to alter what you put inside the bag as long as the cutie is the main theme and you keep candy out of it. I hope the kids like it....even Christopher approved of this instead of candy. :))

Hope everyone has a beautiful Valentine's with your kids and loved ones!

Supplies for glassine bags:
Glassine bags: Michael's.
Floral clip: DaisoJapan.
Sentiment stamp: Avery Elle.
Inks: Memento.
Doilies, ribbons, twine, heart shaped fabric: Craft supply.
Patterned Papers: American Crafts.
Tags: American Crafts.

2 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful Valentine projects! And your photos are just gorgeous!

Simone Naoum said...

These are such gorgeous Valentines!!