Tuesday, December 16, 2014

When you don't have that perfect sentiment....

I pretty much scoured my entire sentiment supply for the one that I thought would be most fitting for this scenery, but in the end, I couldn't find one. My choices of sentiments were either too big, too long, too small, or I didn't like the font...sooo, I decided to take a try at handwriting my own sentiment:

Peace on earth

I really wanted to incorporate the word 'Peace' somehow, so I took my fine point, black pen and just went with it. I did add in (after I took the photo) a woodland creature at the bottom and some birds soaring at the top.  It just needed that little extra something.

I distressed the 'night' sky with pink mist, mustard yellow, and melon green. Really yummy colors.

Overall, still a very simple, and in my mind....peaceful design. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week!

Supplies:
Stamp: Woodland Wonder - 40-356/Penny Black.
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White.
Distress Inks: Tim Holtz.
Black ink: Versafine Onyx Black.
Sentiment: Black Sharpie pen.

7 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

stunning Tiffany. I did wonder what stamp you had used on these.

Dotty Jo x said...

Looks brilliant - wish my handwriting was up to this! Jo x

Dotty Jo x said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lenny said...

You don't need a sentiment stamp if you have such a NICE handwriting!! wow!!
Fun background too!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Your writing is as beautiful as any sentiment stamp I have seen!

Leslie Germain said...

WOW! gorgeous!! Can't believe that is your handwriting!!

Leni said...

Oooh, so beautiful! love the sky you created and your handwriting is awesome!