Sunday, November 23, 2014

Winter Song

I had posted just a snippet of this card a while back on all of my social media platforms but haven't really posted the full card here.  The image - It is called Winter Song by Penny Black.

Thank you

It's a really beautiful scenery and I can imagine it being used in so many ways, including the watercoloring I did with variations of deep red to oranges and yellows.  The wonderful Jill Foster who designs for Penny Black, had kindly posted my card on the Penny Black FaceBook page, and boy, did she stir up some commotion on my card.  She's such a sweetie! I had no idea how much attention this card got on their FB page, and then I turned around and I was pleasantly bombarded with comments in my email and comments on my Flickr page.....the response was amazing. Thank you for all of you who enjoyed my card. I really appreciated that.

I mixed together some Tim Holtz inks and gently brushed on the strokes.  I also used a cool grey copic marker for the shading areas on the trees and in the snow.  I then matted the entire image onto another white cardstock base.

Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from an older set I have from Hero Arts.

If I'm not back with a card before Thanksgiving, just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends and family in the states who are celebrating.  Enjoy with your loved ones.

Supplies:
Stamp: Penny Black/Winter Song/40-339
Neenah Solar White.
Copic Marker.
Tim Holtz Inks.
Sentiment Stamp: Hero Art.
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black.

6 comments:

Lin said...

It's a beauty, Tif, thanks for sharing it here! I'd say it's very worthy of all the commotion!

Dawn Turley said...

What a stunner Tiffany. I really love the colours of your background.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Gorgeous Tiffany!

patscrap91 said...

Beautiful card ! Love the colors you chose for the bg.

Katie Bolinger said...

This is a stunning card. Sometimes when we create something we have no idea how wonderful it really is, that's what friends are for to let us know how beautiful it truly is.

Miriam Prantner said...

Absolutely stunning! The gray copic accents are so subtle, but they really make everything pop!