Friday, May 16, 2014

Watercoloring and florals

Hello everyone! Wow, it's been over a week since I've blogged, and it feels like forever....it's good to be back!!  How are you all doing?  For the longest time, I've always loved to doodle and I do it A LOT, anywhere I can where I'm just sitting waiting for someone, at an office, at a store, I've even doodled while waiting in my car.   I'm in no way an illustrator, I simply do not know how to draw but when I doodle, I draw mostly flowers and such, they are not perfect, but it's fun to experiment. Anyways, with all the inspiration out there with watercoloring lately, I thought I would paint some of the doodling I've been creating:

hello

I took my son's paintbrushes and watercoloring set and just freehand illustrated these flowers above.  It's hard to paint and get the right edges on your image, this took awhile and I need LOTS more practice, but it is so fun working with watercolor.

Here is a single flower I drew with a paintbrush last night:


Hoping to get in some more practicing this weekend. Hope you all enjoy your weekend!

Supplies:
Paintbrushes and Crayola Watercoloring set.
Patterned Paper: Graphic45.
"hello" die: Small Hello die/Simon Says Stamp.
Cardstock: Neenah and DCWV.
Rounded corner punch: EK Success.

3 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

Love your doodling, Tiff! I thought you used STAMPS (LOL)!! Love the happy colors and of course, that touch of text strip with the sentiment diecut is perfect in this!

Miriam Prantner said...

They look like stamps to me too, gorgeous card and fantastic flowers!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your painting!