Monday, May 5, 2014

just for you

It's Monday....my most favorite day of the week, it really is....I know, most people think I'm strange for loving Monday's, but I really do!  I whip out all I need to do today and then the rest of my week is pretty easy.  Anyhow....did you know? It's National Teacher Appreciation Week....yay..... and each day, we do a little 'something' to say 'Thank You' for our child's teacher...

just for you

Here is a card for Chris' teacher for him to bring to her tomorrow....I always make him write his own words on the inside of the card and he actually helps me create the outside. Sometimes I let him use my C-bug to cut the dies, and he really likes it!  He's very precise and loves to get some of the dies cut just right. ;)   I used a fun stencil from Penny Black, a new butterfly die from Memory Box that I'm really loving right now.  I went for total simplicity on this card.

I added tiny little glossy accents - if you can see it....near the top of the butterfly and streaming up to the sentiment....love that little bit of subtle shine it gives.

Have a great week!

Supplies:
Butterfly die: Memory Box/Lunette Butterfly.
Leaves stencil: Penny Black/Promenade-25-001.
Jellies: Queen & Co.
Distress Inks: Tim Holtz.
Sentiment: Mama Elephant/Simon Says Stamp/Summer Garden.
Die Cutting Tool: Cuttlebug/Provo Craft.
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White.
Black Ink: Versafine Onyx Black.

4 comments:

lenny said...

It's gorgeous!! Love the colors of the butterfly and those jellies ...wow..love 'em!!
So fun that C helped you making this card!! Awesome!!
C's teacher is gonna looove this!!

Wish we had TAW over here too ...

Virginia Lu said...

SWOON! I love love everything about this card! Chris's teacher will love it!

Dawn Turley said...

beautifully done Tiffany. Love the CAS look

Agata Dagmara Pfister said...

Wow, such a beauty! This butterfly is amazing, love those colors!