Friday, March 14, 2014

Right now...this is...Insta love

Happy, late, Friday evening! I'm up late today finishing up some work on the computer! Wow, I've had such a busy past few weeks....some oral surgery done, a bit of back pain...and yes, I had back pain during my oral procedure, it was great....you should have seen me...good stuff. ;) Birthdays, school stuff, doing taxes, and family - were among some other things that have been keeping me busy....how have you all been? I did manage to stay sane from most of it and still was able to whip up some cards and this fun layout:

Right now...this is...insta love

This layout was intended to be super fun, very light-hearted, and to capture the spirit of randomness and spontaneity. Do you love insta photos? And do you have an Instagram account?? It has been such the rage for a long time now, and I must admit, I jumped on the Instagram wagon a little later than most people but through the help and skillful enabling of some of my friends, they got me hooked - love the ease of sharing my photos, my everyday, the simple aspect of all the little things that comprise my day from food, to snapshots of my child, to fun activities, friendships, and everything in-between.

Here's a close-up of the journaling:

Right now...this is...insta love2

Some folks have asked the question about how I utilize florals on a 'boy' layout.  I actually do incorporate flowers on both girl and boy layouts, but on boy layouts, I do keep it to a minimum.  At younger ages up to a certain point, I think it still works really well in capturing their playfulness and youth....

Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White.
Patterned Papers: Simple Stories/Vintage Bliss and Fancy Pants/Park Bench.
Glittered alpha stickers: Heidi Swapp.
Word buttons, flag banners, photo frames: Recollections.
Pearls: Martha Stewart.
Journaling tag: Simple Stories.
Fine tip Marker.
Staple.

4 comments:

lenny said...

It's a gorgeous layout!! Fun photos! Love your journaling!!
Love how you incorporate flowers on a boy layout .... clever!
Hope you're doing well now, sorry to hear about the last couple of weeks!
Sending you lots of BIG hugs ...

Natalia said...

Good heavens, woman - you get right out of surgery and go make a beautiful layout? How do you do that? I'd still be crying from the pain. You're so brave. Take care.

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful layout! He looks so much like you, I love the frames and all your paper choices. Love your new header too!

Leslie Germain said...

Love your layout. SUch cute pictures. Hope things are getting better for you!!