Saturday, February 8, 2014

Happy Birthday

I needed a manly birthday card......Manly cards are pretty much the hardest cards to make, right? Unless I know my recipient very well, I will usually stick to a very 'neutral' color scheme and stamp set for him:

Happy Birthday

I decided to use this leaves stencil that I've used before but changed up the color with Tim Holtz' Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks. I inked the stencil directly onto patterned paper. The rest is self explanatory. I distressed the edges and stamped a Hero Arts sentiment.  Pretty quick and simple....and the best part, even my husband approved of the look (not his birthday though). ;))

Enjoy the weekend. I hope to be back with some simple Valentine's cards and I still have no idea what we are making for C's class this year!

Supplies:
Leaves Stencil: Simon Says Stamp/SST121330.
Cardstock: DCWV, Neenah Solar White, Doodlebug Designs.
Stencil inks: Tim Holtz.
Sentiment ink: SEI/Cocoa Brown.
Sentiment: Hero Arts.
Patterned Papers: My Mind's Eye.

2 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous card Tiffany.

Agata Dagmara Pfister said...

You did nail it!!! It's so gorgeous, no frills but oh so classy! Might lift it, I always miss ideas for men! :)