Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mother....I am not lucky, I am blessed

Hello friends! I'm back with a floral card today.  Following the holidays, the rush of many Birthdays start for my family and friends - and the very first birthday in January is my mom's.  Each year, I try to make her something special and sometimes make a few designs before I decide which one to give her:


She loves lavender like I do, and flowers....just like me. ;)  So color is a given but the design, I always struggle with.  For this background, I very lightly inked an old HA background stamp called Misty Garden Pattern.  I purposely inked it so lightly as to not really see it so the focus could be on the mums.  The mum stamps are from THIS set.  I colored the mums with my copic markers, and free-hand illustrated the stems. Thought it would be fun to perch the mums on stems. The leaves were pre-made.

I matted the stamped background onto purple cardstock and did some layering with a patterned paper and the rest is pretty straightforward.

Are you finished with Christmas preparations?  I'm almost done with my shopping for family.  I'm happy I made some Christmas cards this year and actually sent some out.  Oh my!  A total of 82 handwritten and hand stamped cards, world record for me, but I'm glad I took the time to just get it done! ;)  Have a wonderful week!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White and Doodlebug Designs.
Yellow Patterned Paper: Teresa Collins.
Markers: Copics.
Sentiment: Mama Elephant.
Mum stamps: Mama Elephant/Lovely Mums.
Inks: Lulu Lavender/Memento.  Memento Tuxedo Black.
Corner rounder: EK Success.
Leaves: Recollections.
Glossy Accents/Ranger.

3 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors!

lenny said...

It's gorgeous!! Love the color!! Those flowers really pop!!

Dawn Turley said...

Just beautiful Tiffany. Your mum will just love it.