Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sparkle and shine this joyous holiday season

Today, I was inspired by the very talented Emily Leiphart, if you haven't seen her designs, you must check them out, she is one artistic lady! I loved this card that she made a while back and wanted to case a version of it.  Isn't it beautiful? The soft and delicate pink background and the entire serenity of this design is so appealing.  And here is my spin on her card:

Inspired by Emily - Sparkle and shine this joyous holiday season

I decided to use a blue for my background, with Tim Holtz's Tumble Glass distress ink.  I sponged the ink onto the white cardstock after I heat embossed the two tree limbs.

I chose blue and kraft for this color scheme.  I also used a tiny bird stamp and ornament stamp for the tree limb.  The tree, deers, bird, ornament, antler, snowflake, and sentiment stamps are all from this Mama Elephant set called Winter Wonderland.  The scalloped border comes from this set called Femme Frames - Creative Cuts.

This Winter Wonderland set will be perfect for tags and other card ideas too, so many elements you can use from it, can't wait to play with it more.  Thanks, Emily!

I hope you were all inspired by someone today!

Supplies:
Cardstock: White and Kraft.
Stamps, sentiment, scalloped frame die: Mama Elephant.
Inks: Versafine Onyx Black.
Light gold ink: SEI.
Distress Ink: Tim Holtz.
White embossing powder: Stampendous.
Die cutting machine: Cuttlebug.

6 comments:

Froggietalks said...

Lovely card Tiffany. I really like the colour scheme you used.

Virginia L. said...

Truly lovely! I know you will rock this stamp regardless who inspired you! Yes, you are THAT awesome!

Sylvia Blum said...

This is so beautiful, Tiffany! I'm a huge fan of blue and absolutely adore your card!
Sylvia xx

Dawn Turley said...

Super sweet card Tiffany

Emily Leiphart said...

Aw, thanks for the shout-out, Tiffany! I love your version and look forward to seeing you play more with Mama Elephant stamps!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Tiffany, this is awesome! I love Emily's style. She has great style and I love the way you created your card inspired by her.