Saturday, December 1, 2012

So Thankful....and an update on me

Hey all, long time no post.  I'll be able to share some cards in the next few days, yay!  Here is a very clean and simple Fall card I made.  Very easy and I like the crisp colors on it:

so thankful

Love the fun, embellished stickers from American Crafts and I used Lawn Fawn's ABC's set to make my custom sentiment.

So for anyone who knew about my arm problems, I had pain in my left arm about 2 months ago.  Turned out I had a case of tennis elbow (an overuse of the muscles/tissues in your forearm).  Went to doc and he gave me a cortisone shot to help the pain.  It was painful to put on clothes, to drive my car, and to do other simple things around the house.  As of 2 months ago, I decided to suspend all crafting to help my arm heal.  Soooo....any cards you see me post will be cards I made months ago for submission and you haven't seen them yet.  I will continue to rest my arm and will not resume crafting until I'm fully back to normal.

I am sad, as I can only look at all of your wonderful creations thru Twitter and FB, and I miss making just one simple little card.  For now, you will see limited posts, but I will be back one day........ :)  See you.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink.
Leaves, tree layered adhesives: American Crafts.
Alpha letter stamps: Claire's ABC's/Lawn Fawn.
Scallop Punch: EK Success. 
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black.

17 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

So sorry to hear that you are going through this. Wishing you a speedy recovery, but I guess the silver lining is that you have a little more time to spend with family over the holidays.

Virginia L. said...

Oh no..I didn't know about your elbow problem, Tiff! I hope this is not going to take too long to heal. Love this darling CAS fall card! Please take good care now! Sending hugs!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the card! So sorry about your arm and hope you are better soon!

Jen said...

Tiff!! That is terrible! I know I've been a ghost, but have been checking in here and there! My little max just turned two a couple of weeks ago--and 4 kids are keeping this momma hopping!! I hope your arm gets betterj....sending prayers your way!!! Xoxoxo

donna mikasa said...

Sorry to hear about your elbow, Tif! I've been seeing your cards in all the magazines and had no idea about the pain you were in! Do take care and heal well and you'll be back crafting in no time!

ivy said...

I didn't know it was so bad that you needed a cortisone shot!! take care girl! beautiful card! gorgeous!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous Tiffany. Take care of yourself and enjoy the holidays with your family.

Holly Saveur said...

So sorry to hear this..hope you will recover very soon!

joy said...

This is the right thing to do, Tiffany, in order for your elbow to heal completely. I know it's a bummer, but you will be back to your old self sooner this way.

Love the card you shared today. Your cards are worth the wait; I so love seeing them in the zines!!

Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

So sorry to hear about your elbow Tiff! Hang in there.. xxxooo

Lynn said...

Thinking of you Tiffany. I hope you continue to heal smoothly.

Melissa Shea said...

I'm so sorry you're having pain like that. I hope your recovery is quick! Sending lots of hugs :) I love this card too :)

Tricia said...

I'm so sorry, Tiffany~heal quickly!

Agata said...

Good you're sharing about the elbow problem, will think of you! Gorgeous card, love the simple! :)

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous!

So sorry to hear about your arm, but am glad it's being taken care of and you're on your way to recovery! :)

Monica Bramorski said...

I really love you "work" Tiffany. Now I´m your follower. ;-) xxx Monica
http://myloveforpapers.blospot.com

Katie Ann Brooks said...

this is oh so lovely!