Friday, October 5, 2012

Playing with ribbon

The theme for this card was to use ribbon.  So I took some of this pretty lace, crocheted ribbon from Maya Road and made a little flower:

hi

I measured how big I wanted the flower to be and started a base from the bottom....and just twisted the lace around, and around until I reached the top center.  That's where I added the small, white flower to complete the look.

Fun card to make and the color scheme is one I normally don't go for but thought it was interesting to experiment with, glad I did!   What are you doing for World Card Making Day tomorrow?  I don't think I'll be creating this weekend at all, will be out and about on the road,  but hope you all get to make a card or two!!

Cheers!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White.
Patterned Papers: Echo Park.
Ruffled lace trim for flower: Maya Road.
Alpha thickers: American Crafts.
Scalloped edge punch: EK Success.
Small pearls: Martha Stewart.
Large and medium pearls: K & Company.
Small white flower: Maya Road.
Blue rose: Prima.

10 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Very sophisticated color combo, Tiff! I love how you make the lace flower! So creative!

Avital said...

GORGEOUS!

lenny said...

Gorgeous!! And that flower...WOW!
Very creative! NICE NICE NICE! :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Great color scheme and flowers!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Great color scheme and flowers!

Melissa Shea said...

Gorgeous, Tiffany! I love the color combo, it's one of my favs! Love that flower too!

Agata said...

It's simply gorgeous! Amazing card and such a great idea for that flower!

Dawn said...

lovely lacy flower Tiffany. I really like how it turned out. Great card, very elegant

Leni said...

Love that flower! Thank you for sharing how you did this!

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty and Creative...just Love this!!