Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hey, Chick-a-dee!

Have you been seeing signs of Spring popping up all over the internet? I certainly have, and it's making me so happy to see fun, pastel colors everywhere.  Here's a Springy card showcasing our next biggest holiday...Easter:

Yellow chickadee

I sent this in for pubs but it was not picked up.  Once again, I tried to maximize the use of my punches to create little objects out of the shapes.  For the body of the chick, I used a medium and small circle punch.

The egg shell is an oval nestie cut in half and embossed with the Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder.  The fun papers are Making Memories Dilly Dally.

The sentiment is Hero Arts and there are some other fun accents on the card.  I love Spring time and Easter, one of my favorite holidays where little girls get to wear pretty dresses and all the Easter baskets are just too cute!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink and Bazzill.
Sentiment: Hero Arts.
Clay flowers: Webster's Pages.
Buttons: My Mind's Eye.
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black.
Yellow Pearl: Hero Arts.
Black Copic Marker.
Patterned Papers: Making Memories.
Die cutting tool: Cuttlebug.
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Polka Dots.
Ribbon: Martha Stewart.
Oval Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities.
Round corner punch and circle punch: Fiskars and EK Success.

18 comments:

Joan B said...

so adorable!!!

Sue McRae said...

Oh, how cute is this chick with the butterfly paper! It does make me wish that spring was right around the corner!

Diana said...

ADORABLE egg Tiff. Always love your cards!

Barb said...

Oh, you are just so creative! Love this darling card, Tiff!

Vanessa said...

This is so so cute! Love your card!!!

donna mikasa said...

You're a whiz with punches! Love this--too cute, Tif!

Dawn said...

such a cute card Tiffany.

Dotty Jo said...

This is just adorable! You are so creative Tif, Jo x

Lynn said...

Adorable! I love the textures you used on the sweet little chick!

Debbie said...

adorable, adorable!

~Tammy~ said...

Ok, this is too cute and I love this fun little Easter card! Just adorable! I am so ready for spring!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this Tiff...Your Cards are always so Soft and Pretty!! Hugs....

Agata said...

Such a clever way to make a chicken! Great idea and card!

ivy said...

beautiful reject!! admire your ability to make something so beautiful out of simple shapes! creative!

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute, and I love your textured egg!! Sweet card, Tiffany!!

Alice Wertz said...

love your adorable little chick! super sweet and delightful card, Tiff! love seeing all the yummy springy colors, too! =) darling card!

sheila said...

soooo cute Tiffany and I just adore the eggshell!

Brenda said...

This is just too cute Tiffany!