Saturday, November 19, 2011

enjoy

I paired yellow and pink together on this card and used a trio of double-stamped butterflies from the HA/Sizzix line called Antique flowers and butterflies:

enjoy

Pretty straightforward...I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far!  Okay, I'm gonna be a little chatty today on this post..why...I don't know, just feel like it...

...So some or most of you may know, that my 2nd hobby is actually FOOD!  Yes, there was a time when I thought I would do just a Food blog as well, but the thought of 3 blogs was a bit too much for me to handle!  So I will just stick with the two that I have now....anyways, today was a sweet day of pastries.....I spent some time with family and that's all we did was dive into this:

IMG_2590

What I love about the above is that you 'would' think that it's packed with tons of sugar, but really, the amount of sugar is WAY less than what you would find in most bakery cakes.  This Strawberry cake slice was from a Vietnamese/French Bakery and the delicacies are soooo light, airy, and fluffy...and only just the tiniest hint of sugar...it's not overwhelming AT ALL!   You don't need to drink tons of water with it....that's what I like...is just a little sugar and the pure enjoyment of the remainder of the cake, the fresh fruit, a bit of chocolate, and the cream.

I like to eat, and visit a lot of restaurants that are recommended to me....I take photos of my food A LOT! ;)

Supplies for card:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics and Neenah Solar White.
Patterned Papers: The Girls Paperie.
Butterflies: HA stamps/Sizzix Framelit Dies.
Cutting tool: Cuttlebug/Provo Craft.
Markers: Copics.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.
Sentiment Sticker: October Afternoon.
Round corner punch: EK Success.

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Thanks for the "eye candy"!! Beautiful! (I just got this HA/Sizzix set today)!! Love your desserts! I CAN imagine that it is light and fluffy! Vietnamese /French pastries are one of the finest!

Dawn said...

Fabulously beautiful card Tiffany. I have resisted getting the die and stamp set as I have the butterfly stamps already, but this makes me want it! Love the photo of the cake, it does looks light and fluffy. Bet it was super yummy.

jintyoo7 said...

Pretty, pretty cared, Tiffany and the cake looks sumptuous - where do you live?? Ha :o)

Dotty Jo said...

Gosh, that cake looks amazing! Love your card Tif, such a pretty combo of colours and those butterflies look lovely, Jo x

Barb said...

Oh, man, that cake looks good! Your card is beautiful too, Tiff! Love the colors and your pretty butterflies!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous card--love those new dies!, and such a yummy dessert! Hmm...were you "chatty" from the sugar rush? I'm sure it was delish! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

Brenda said...

Love your beautiful card today iffany, you always combine the most beautiful colours! As for that cake? Yum! Need I say more!

ivy said...

the slice of cake looks too yummy! i hope you enjoyed it!

i always love your knack for layering different colors & patterns on your creations! beautiful!

Kelly Booth said...

YUM!!!! Looks soooo good Tif!!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful card and I love that picture of the cake - especially with the word 'Paris' on it and the fact that it is low on sugar which appeals to me too!

Rose Ann said...

Your butterfly card is so pretty and colorful!! I love the great texture too!! I am drooling over your cake. Mmmmmm!!