Monday, October 10, 2011

A fun Family Album

I always used to have excuses for not making more albums - mini albums especially.  Excuses like, "Oh, they take too long!"  or,  "I just simply don't have the time."  But awhile back I made my first ever mini album and it was just too fun!  Now, I'm ADDICTED to the smaller ones!  Here is my 2nd album that turned out to be a total of 12 pages:

Family Mini Album Cover

I will not show all the pages, too many photos, so I will just show a few:

Family Pages 2 and 3

For the shape of the album, I made by tracing a flower shaped box from Making Memories.  Each page has a circular element in the middle of the 'flower' and each photo is trimmed within a circle as well:

Family Pages 4 and 5

What I love most about 'mini' is just keeping it simple, no need to overwhelm the look, just a few of your fav photos, patterned papers or stamps, some die-cuts, chipboards and stickers.  Fun stuff!!

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautifully done Tiffany! I am too overwhelmed by 12 X 12 album layouts so basically I have kind of stopped scrapbooking. But I recently found immense pleasure in card making when I decided to cut up all my 12 X 12 pads to 6 X 6 and suddenly using pp for making cards was more intriguing. So, I got to thinking that perhaps a smaller "canvas" for scrapbooking might have the same results, so I went and purchased two 8 X 8 scrapbooking albums and now I just need to sit down and start!

Barb said...

What a neat shape, Tiff! Love this beautiful mini! I only have one complaint - would love to see the rest of the pages! :)

Lin said...

I love that it's in the shape of a flower! What a wonderful little book to carry in your purse or keep beside the bed for sweet dreams! Love that you shared it with us! I'll have to consider doing something like this with pictures of our Grands.....

Dawn said...

Gorgeous Tiffany. I don't scrapbook as the 12x12 size terrifies me.... maybe I should try a mini album. I have cut out a little 3x3 meandering book but it's not decorated. This one of yours looks amazing. Love the look of the flower shape.

AnitaRex said...

What a fantastic album! Such great papers and embellies! :> So worth making and yours is making me consider making one of my own!

Maylee said...

It's beautiful! That reminds me that I bought a bunch of these chipboard albums at Mike's on clearance awhile ago. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing : )

Alice Wertz said...

sweet project, Tiff! love that you kept the design simple. beautiful album!

Emily Leiphart said...

Aw, what a beautiful mini! I love the sweet photos and journaling you did. It makes me want to try making one of my own!

Tina said...

So cute!!! Love how you embelished it and the phosto are so beautifull.

Vera Rhuhay said...

Tiff....I love this Album!
This is fantastic and inspiring :)

Rose Ann said...

What a darling little album!! I LOVE it, Tiffany!!