Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tropical Drink Card Holders for Teachers

Whoooo......I can feel Summer in the air...I hope!! It is sunny and beautiful today.....ok, so I finished up my teacher's cards but I wanted a little something, something to go along with the cards....this is a super economical way to attach your handmade cards and it's FUN! Since the end of school signifies summer time, I knew what I was going to do when I saw these cute little drink cups:

Tropical Drinks Teachers Gift

They are plastic, which is a 'thumbs-up' in my book! Run and go get them at Michael's!! The stamp I used was from Hero Arts' Simply the Best, it is actually a watermelon, so stamp it in yellow on yellow cardstock and, voila, you instantly have a 'lemon' slice! Or stamp in black and color in yellow.

Tropical Drinks Teachers Gift2

Assembly time takes a while but the difficulty level is pretty much ZERO!

Take your cup and fill inside with goodies/candy.
Insert straw and umbrella (handmake or store bought).
Insert your handmade card into a clear plastic bag.
Using matching twine color, clip a hole at the top of the bag, insert twine and tie the clear bag around the straw.
Attach lemon slice on cup - TIP: use glossy accents to hold down the lemon so it won't fall off.

Tropical Drinks Teachers Gift3

Enjoy!

Supplies:
Stamps: CL442 - Simply the Best by Hero Arts.
Patterned Paper: Summer Days and Dots & Stripes by Echo Park.
Ink: Jenni Bowlin.
(4) plastic drinking cups.
Assorted twine: blue, pink, orange, and green.
Umbrella and straws.
Candy.
Clear bags.

34 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I love all of the fab additions to these glasses - just stunning!

Virginia L. said...

Wow! How yummy is this! LOVE the tropical feel from the gorgeous colors! You have a way of displaying, Tiff!LUCKY teachers!

donna mikasa said...

Super cute idea, Tif! Love it!

Maylee said...

WOW! FANTASTIC love these Tiffany!!

Tanya said...

These are awesome, love the yummy colors along with the gorgeous cards! Very cute idea! Now I NEED to run to Michaels!

Lin said...

These are going to be a HUGE hit with C's teachers!! LOVE the vibrant colors - beautifully done, my friend!

Brenda said...

What a neat idea Tiffany! Love those colours!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Adorable idea Tiffany! I'm sure the teachers will love them!

justsomestuffimade said...

Super cute gift ide! I love those 'glasses' in such tropical colours ;)
Rx

Kathy said...

Gorgeous color range, and they look so delicious!! Very yummy!!

Nancy said...

So fabulous Tiff! The only way to improve on this wonderful gift is to fill it with a girly drink like a daiquiri! I'm so impressed with your creativity and your kind spirit!

Nancy said...

What a thoughtful and creative gift for a teacher. I love this!

Suzanne C said...

Tiffany these are wonderful teachers gifts! Fun and beautiful! Gorgeous cards you added to the front of them!

Barb said...

Such a cool idea, Tiff! The colors are so fun and you've dressed up these adorable glasses beautifully! Love your amazing creativity!

Lynn said...

What a fabulous idea...I'll bet the teachers have a toast with them after the bell rings!

AnitaRex said...

Tiffany this is a fabulous idea! Love it! I may use this! I had planned on card sets but not near done! The teachers will truly love these!!

Simone said...

These are such a fun and cute idea Tiff! The teachers will love these!! :)

Mannayah said...

This is one of the smartest things I've seen so far .. beautiful .. and it's an eye catcher .. lucky teachers lol
thanks for sharing :)

Amna

Dawn said...

So very clever Tiffany and what a novel idea for a teachers gift.

Deirdre said...

Such a neat idea - love what you created.

Anna Seniw said...

Just LOVE it!!!! What a great idea.....and you can also use them at your next BBQ!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! Tiff!! You have such a sense for color and design! This belongs to a magazine Girlfriend!!

Tina said...

OMG, Tiffany. I am allways impressed when visiting your blog..but this time is just unbelivable. I am speachless by the beauty and idea.

Rosemary said...

oh good grief!!! these are just way too cute and way too clever!!

Emily Leiphart said...

What a fabulous gift idea, Tiffany! I LOVE the gorgeous cards you made to go with the glasses (plasses or plasti-glasses?)!

Alice Wertz said...

so clever and super duper fun!! what a wonderful gift for the teacher. now it's their time to chill and rest! =) love love this fun project, TIff! you are such an inspiration!

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute and So Perfect Tiff...They will just LOVE these!!!! Hugs......

Monika Reeck said...

ooh woooowwww how very bright and great Photo Tiff and love your carss...are all gorgeous and lovely colors...love always your card and ...I miss you..hugs

Savitri said...

Oh my!! This is just fabulously adorable!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE, girlie!!!

Leni said...

Love to see all the happy summer colors! What a lovely gifts!

ivy said...

what a great end of the year gift for the teachers and so creative!! might have to keep this one in mind for next year! your cards are beautiful! works of art!

debbie said...

Oh MY!!! I just love these bright beautiful colors and the whole idea is Fabulous!!! Who wouldn't just love to get one of these?? Such a great idea, as always you have truly Inspired me.

babar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
babar said...

for the first time i saw drink card holder it really inspires me specially i like the orange one.
Plastic Card Holders