Friday, June 3, 2011

Let's Chill.....with CRABS!

This is something really fun that I finished up for my son, so thought I'd share. In school, they are learning about animals and their habitats, whether in the ocean, desert, or forest. For their end-of-year project, they are to research one animal and make its habitat in a 'shoe box' container. A brief, 2 paragraph report is to be written and read in front of the class as well.

When Chris chose a CRAB as his animal, we were excited to get to work using this Hero Arts set called Let's Chill:

C Animal Habitat Project

I chose the palm tree, crab, and beach ball to decorate this ocean/beach theme. Each image was colored, trimmed, and I put glossy accents all over the palm tree. I double layered each item so it would be thick. I added a toothpick at the bottom of each image and inserted into the sand to make it stand better.

C Animal Habitat Project2

The view from the outside of the clear box:

C Animal Habitat Project3

And lastly, the little book report he will read for his classmates, this and the box will be displayed at the school's open house for all the parents and students to see.

C Animal Habitat Project4


Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it!

Supplies:
Stamps: CL438 - Let's Chill by Hero Arts.
Sand: Moondough.
Markers: Copics.
Glossy Accents.
Toothpicks.
Neenah Solar White Cardstock.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.
Seashells and rocks given to me by family. :)
Kraft Cardstock.
Computer generated report.
Plastic Pyrex Container.

21 comments:

Tanya said...

This is so cute! All of the elements are perfect and the container you have them in is so neat. I love doing school projects with my oldest. Great job!

Nancy said...

oh this is so fun! I bet Chris is proud to take it to school too! thanks for sharing this special mom and son project...and btw, I learned something new about the lowly crab.

Emily Leiphart said...

Squeee! What an adorable school project, Tiffany!! I love how you used those Hero Arts stamps to bring this beach scene to life. I had no idea that crab claws grow back! I'm glad I learned something new today. :D

Virginia L. said...

How AWESOME is this!! I am so proud of Chris and his Mama!!I can stare at this when it's in the middle of the winter...it will cheer me up and I won't feel "crabby" ;) LOVE this!

sheila said...

this is just tooo cute!

Dawn said...

I am so impressed Tiffany. This is wonderful and I bet Chris is happy too... what a great Mum you are to help him with this.

Alice Wertz said...

wow! this is fabulous, Tiff! such a wonderful project and it fits perfect with the theme! LOVE all the details and the dough looks like real sand! i can imagine the smile on your boy's face when he present this. so very cool! hope you have a beautiful weekend! =)

donna mikasa said...

What a fun project, Tiff! It turned out so well--perfect little aquatic scene!

Dotty Jo said...

This is fabulous Tif!!!! Jo x

AnitaRex said...

Love that you used your stamps to help your son with his school project! What a great job you did! Love it! You can see that you really put your heart into it!

Maylee said...

Omygosh, this is for sure an A+ project! Love it.

debbie said...

Such a cute project!

Suzanne C said...

That is just wonderful! Love the adorable scene you created!

Brenda said...

Oh well, this is going to get the class award for sure! I definitely know who to come to when my daughter starts having to do this! I totally love it, what a great idea to actually put it into a clear container! Brilliant really! Your son must be so proud!

Kathy said...

I love this...we must put it in the window!!!

Isha said...

Stunning Tiffany. Lovely project...I love making such so thanks for the inspiration.

Jacqueline said...

You have such a creative talent Tiffany!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is so fun, Tif!! You are so clever... what a super mom you are, I absolutely adore this! Hugs!!

Agata said...

Wow! That's wonderful! Great project, I'm sure everyone will like it!

ivy said...

what a great mommy you are! A+ project for sure!
i remember making shoebox scenes--in the cardboard shoeboxes! diaramas or something... fun!

Rosemary said...

acckk!! this is just soo cute!!