Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Inspired from a LO to a card....

Today, I was sitting in my car waiting to get the little one out of school, and I was reading the April Issue of Scrapbooks, Etc. On the front cover is a beautiful layout from one of my favorite scrapbookers, Sheri Reguly!


I loved a portion of her scrap page and wanted to go home and make a card from only that part of it.

IMG_1046

I used similar colors and just improvised on whatever pp I had available. I always love her clever use of very fun and bright colors, meshed with stamping AND innovative use of patterned paper....she's so good at that!

Hope you enjoy my 'lift' from Sheri's fun layout!

Supplies:
Hero Arts:
CH213 - Sea Mixed Accents.
AF183 - Cerulean Chalk Ink.
CG303 - Luscious Bold Flower.
PS631 - Foliage Designer Papers.
CL490 - Sending Smiles.

Patterned Papers:
My Mind's Eye - Fine and Dandy/Tickled Pink.

Cardstock:
Aqua Mist by Papertrey Ink.
Light Blue background by Penny Black.

Scallop punch: EK Success.
Neenah Solar White Cardstock.
Round circle punch: Marvy.
Flower Die-cut (large): Doodlebug Designs/Cute Cuts/Summertime.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Small flower die-cuts: Little Yellow Bicycle.

20 comments:

Maylee said...

Wow! It's beautiful Tiffany!

Lin said...

Love it, Tif! I could say the same thing about you (innovative use of printed papers)

Virginia L. said...

How FABULOUS!!! Love it when you are inspired! I so love Shari's scrapbooking style! Wish my waiting time is as productive as yours.... my boy kept me waiting in the car-- dark and cold :(

Dawn said...

Awesome Tiffany. What a delightful card. Love the papers you used.

Barb said...

What a fantastic take on that gorgeous layout! And you're good at it too, Tiff! Just LOVE THIS CARD!

Jane said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Dotty Jo said...

It's a beautiful 'lift' Tif, you have a great eye for design! Jo x

Anette H said...

LOVE your take on the LO, Tiffany! This is drop-dead-gorgeous!!!!

Tina said...

So beautifull. Love your design combined with different patterns.

justsomestuffimade said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the mix of papers too ;)
Such great inspiration - I think I'll try and have a go myself!!
Hugs, Ruth S

Agata said...

I understand why you were inspired! Her lo's are so perfect (and pictures, too!) And your card is so beautiful!

Michelle said...

Absolutely Beautiful Tiff!!!

Nat said...

gorgeous clean design, everything works so well together! love this :)

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Tiff this is so pretty & fabulous! Love it!

Shari said...

I love your ability to put patterns and colors together so beautifully.

Rose Ann said...

What a fabulous inspiration card you've created, Tiffany!! It's beautiful!!

Alice Wertz said...

love how you translated the layout into a card and into your style, TIff!!! beautiful card!

shirley said...

Gorgeous card Tiffany!
I think you are CLEVER the way you can combine pattern papers.

Stamping Cafe said...

This is gorgeous, Tif! Fabulous take on the layout, love it!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful design and fabulous papers and colors!