Monday, November 1, 2010

Merry Christmas....friend

So here is my next installment of a flower card, for those of you who are just joining, I have been spending a little time with floral images as of late! I love using flowers all year long and finding different ways to incorporate them onto a card.......so for this card I thought I'd mix in my flower stamp with a Christmas and friendship theme! What a combo:

Merry Christmas...friend


And....purple and brown? I thought it'd be fun to experiment with colors that I normally would not pick outright. At first, I thought - oh my, these colors are way too dark and dreary - as I went on distressing it, I really thought it was a dark card, but then after looking at it for a while, I think I like the result!

Enjoy!

Supplies:
Papertrey Ink stamps - In Bloom.
Papertrey Ink cardstock and ribbon.
Making Memories button.
Lace trim.
Tim Holtz Inks.
Prima.
Graphic45 - Christmas Past.
Bo Bunny polka-dotted paper.
Copic Markers.
Maya Road Crystal Pin.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
Neenah Solar White Cardstock.

18 comments:

Michelle said...

So pretty. I like the brown and the purple very much. It has a modern vintage feel...if there is such a thing as modern vintage...if not YOU just invented it! lol I love it either way! :)

Simone said...

Love this colour combo! This card is gorgeous Tiff! The flowers are so cute :)

Lin said...

I think brown goes with anything. I love your purples here - beautiful flowers!

Cindy Lee said...

It's gorgeous! Why didn't I think of purple and brown color combo? It's really pretty and so vintage-y! Just love it!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE LOVE your approach! Why do we always need the same Christmas images? Flowers are for all year round :) Beautiful result!

Michelle said...

Such an awesome card!! I love the big bold flower, so gorgeous:-)

donna mikasa said...

Oh, I love this color combo! Genius! If there's such a thing as "contemporary vintage"--this is it! Love your card!!

joslyn said...

okay red halloween card and purple christmas card but...i love them both. so cute. and you looked cute as well :)

Barb said...

I think I like it too, Tiff! Cool color combo and it's so fun to try out new ideas! Love the gorgeous flowers!

Dawn said...

Love the background paper on this one Tiffany and the colour scheme is wonderful... as you say not a natural fit but it looks awesome here... very vintagey

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

I think the colors are gorgeous. I love the purple with the brown. Beautiful card Tiffany!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Tiffany! Gorgeous card! I love purple and brown together. And your paper flower with the layers of dimension is just beautiful! :-)

Stamping Cafe said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, Tif! Did I say "GORGEOUS"?!!!! :)

ivy said...

i like the result too! pretty colors!

Agata said...

Those two colors go great together! Very creative of you to color the leaves in brown! Beautiful card!

Suzanne C said...

Love the contrast on colors. Beautiful card! So very pretty!

Alice Wertz said...

i love it! beautiful colors and design. really love that you used this color combo and that image for a holiday card!

Jacqueline said...

These are your colors - and look at that flower!!