Tuesday, November 9, 2010

6

I've always received very fun feedback about how I incorporate flowers onto my layouts:

6

And especially since I have a boy, and not a girl, it makes for some interesting designs. I rarely ever use stars, browns or neutral colors, monsters, robots or other boyish themed stamps and papers on my LO's. If I do, it's been very few! I'm such a lover of flowers and flourishes that I tend to view it as how I see my son.

His innocence, his playfulness, his subjectivity to beauty at times when he comes up to me, and says, "Mommy, that flower is beeeuutiful!" I also look at his youth...he is young and so non-complex, unlike you and I as an adult. I think it's ok to use fun florals and such for now....and I try to limit them in certain ways..

Now when he grows up to be in his teens....then I might change how my layouts are designed, but for now....this momma loves her flowers! :) Here's a close-up of the Fabulous Flourish stamp - I loved stamping this in just pure black ink:

6a

Enjoy!

Supplies:
Papers: Webster's Pages: Lullaby Lane and LL Vellum, Wonderfall, and Life's Portrait Die-cut.
Webster's Pages Felt Leaves.
Hero Arts - S5449 - Fabulous Flourish.
Hero Arts - CL260 - Curly Alphabet.
Maya Road - Vintage Black Pearls Trinket Pins.
Black Copic Marker.
Versafine Onyx Black ink.
EK Success.
Prima flower.
Sentiment computer generated on vellum paper.

18 comments:

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

This is such a beautiful layout Tiffany. I love the picture of Chris and your journaling is just so thoughtful and perfect.

Lin said...

Gorgeous, Tif! I think we should do what makes us happy and I completely agree with you about the flowers :) I love this layout and that flourish is perfect with it!

Maylee said...

Beautiful layout Tiffany!

Dawn said...

what an adorable layout Tiff.... he is such a beautiful boy and this suits the photo perfectly

Rose Ann said...

Fantastic layout and such a precious page, Tiffany!! I love the beautiful flower too!!

Barb said...

This is so beautiful, Tiffany! I love the flourish, gorgeous paper and that lovely flower! I think it's perfect to use these wonderful elements on your son's layouts! Such a darling photo of him too!

Simone said...

Aww this layout is soo sweet Tiff! Love the flower!

Virginia L. said...

This just melt my heart! Yes, you can have your flowers and flourish as he is always your special boy! So awesome!

donna mikasa said...

I love how you paired the flower with the gorgeous flourish and how it accents Chris' handsome photo. Wow, he's growing way too fast!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous LO Tiff, that flower embellishment is just a perfect finishing touch! Love all the cards you've posted this week. I am a bit behind with visiting my blogging buddies so I'm sorry not to comment on each and every card - especially as they are all so lovely! Jo x

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous layout! The mix of papers stamping and FLOWER is beautiful and the perfect setting for your cutie pie!

Agata said...

I think it really doesn't bother at all that there are flowers on you boy's layouts! I love the flourish peeking here and there! It's a gorgeous layout, great job!

Clare said...

Gorgeous LO, and how CUTE Chris looks! :) The remark he made that you shared reminds me so much of my little brother. :)

wendyp said...

He is so right! That flower is BEAUTIFUL! Love how you incorporate florals into your layouts!

Vera Rhuhay said...

Wow....Gorgeous LO,Tiff!I love the flourish and the flowers on this LO!

Sanne said...

How beautiful Tif - lovely picture of Chris :)

Bella's Happy Corner said...

Wow! Beautiful layout, auntie Tiffany!

Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog!

Alice Wertz said...

what a gorgeous layout, girl! these girly pattens works with the cute boy so beautifully! you do magic with pps and stamps, TIff! LOVE this!