Monday, October 25, 2010

Paging Dr. Ervin...

Hi all! There are two 'sides' to this layout here.....a fun side and also a sentimental side that has a lot of meaning for me, I'll explain:

Paging Dr. E.

This is Chris' Halloween costume for this year. He LOVES the doctors outfit....in fact he was giggling, and jumping up and down the minute he put it on, I had to settle him down for some photos....he adores it and that makes me giddy too!! I had him pose with both of his arms on his hips...lol....you know like the doctors on the show 'ER'.

Paging Dr. E.3

The stamped journaling says, 'dr. e. head neuro-surgeon.' For some reason, I just wanted it all playful and in small caps.

Now the sentimental part of this layout has to do with the die-cut sentiment on the upper left hand corner....and also the fact that this is a doctors costume....the sentiment says:

"Promise me you'll always remember. You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. -A.A. Milne."


I love that and I am humble....and it makes me wonder how much Chris has accomplished thus far, and the potential he has as an adult....he is truly such a gifted child intellectually and I do feel he will do many great things as he gets older. He may become a doctor, a musician, an engineer....wherever his talents may take him....I don't know, but I do feel in my heart, he has immense potential....and for that, I admire that saying.

Paging Dr. E.2

There are no traditional Halloween colors on this layout, since I was matching the paper colors with his outfit.

Enjoy!

Supplies:
Papers: Sassafras, My Little Shoebox, Dear Lizzy/American Crafts, The Girls Paperie, Websters Pages.
Hero Arts stamps - CL138, CL260.
SEI die-cut accents - Moonrise collection.
Prima flowers and pearls.
Making Memories flower - Love Struck.
Making Memories buttons.
Cosmo Cricket Buttons.
EK Success edge punch.
EK Success circle punch.
Marvy oval scallop punch.
Spellbinders Nestabilities.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Corner punch.

34 comments:

Sarah said...

Wonderful layout, Tiff! I absolutely LOVE it!

Nancy said...

Oh this is so wonderful! Love that smile, what excellent photos of your handsome little man!
blessings!

Dotty Jo said...

This is just fabulous Tif - Chris just has the best smile! Jo x

Stamping Cafe said...

This is fabulous, Tif! Love seeing your layout again, and love Chris' smile... precious!!

Jana said...

So adorable!

Lin said...

I love your layout, Tif - Chris does look so happy! Love your comments, too. I know that he'll go far, especially with his strong Mama behind him - I so admire the both of you!

Alice Wertz said...

Chris' smile make me happy, Tiff. look at that happy grin! he is going to have a blast! =) beautiful layout, too. love that it's not in the traditional colors and love that you made a boy layout using girly supplies. i love this!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE this happy and cute LO!! Chris may just become what he dressed up as....I'm excited for his future! An AWESOME page and Mom (you are)!

joslyn said...

so cute. i also love that sentiment, what a handsome little guy!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Tif, this is a wonderful layout. Your son looks very happy and excited. I love his smile.

Clare said...

Oh my goodness, he is so cute! And I love the layout!
Fabulous new blog banner, btw. ;)

Suzanne C said...

Just love this layout! Your handsome boy looks wonderful in his scrubs! :) The journalling is beautiful!

Barb said...

Cutest, little doctor I've ever seen! Fabulous layout, Tiff! Won't this be fun for him to look back at someday!? The journaling is just beautiful! I need to use it for one of my boys' pages too! Love it!

Jen said...

oh my super duper!! i love that he wanted to be a dr...that is so fun! he looks great and the layout is fantastic tiff!! you go girl!

Simone said...

Aw this is so cute! Gorgeous layout Tiff and cute photos! :)

sunghee said...

What a good lookin doctor! Awesome layout! Can't believe you already scrapkooked with this year's halloween photo.

Dawn said...

Tiffany.... this page is PERFECT... you will always remember this amazing day. Chris looks so happy and I think the AA Milne saying really does say it all.... SO SPECIAL!!!!

Agata said...

Such a great story of a mother's heart... Love to read it! Your kid is such a bright one, I can imagine him jumping up in his costume! Just as mine does when he's happy! (Are they almost the same age, I wonder...) I'm sure your boy will be someone who accomplishes many great things! Meanwhile, let him have fun trick-or-treating! :)

debbie said...

Love this layout and Chris is adorable as usual!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Such a beautiful LO! Your son is so cute with his big smile! Very touching...you're such a great mom!

AnitaRex said...

Oh my gosh what a great costume! I love that he was giggling and jumping up and down! So sweet! Love the verse it's so perfect! And love dr e head neurosurgeon! :>

Jane said...

This is BRILLIANT! He's soooo CUTE!

Rose Ann said...

Your page is fabulous, Tiffany...and I so love the story behind it! Chris' smile surely shows how pleased he is!! So cute!!

Mary Perry said...

Love, love, love it!!! Not just the fantastic layout, but also the sentiment that you put into it. I always love seeing that gorgeous grin.

Cindy Lee said...

It's so fun to see Chris in his doctor's outfit! He's so adorable and charming!! I love all the details you put together!

ivy said...

so extremely cute!! i really can't even remember when the last time i scrapped a LO! SO many pics....so little time (& mojo)!

Tomo H. said...

Wonderful layout, Tiff! And he is such a cutie as always. He reminded me of the TV drama ER. But there's no handsome little Dr. like C there.. Haha.
Love your color combo, and loved to read your story as a mother. ;)
P.S. Thanks so much for your kind words, Tiff!
Tomo

Vera Rhuhay said...

Oh...Chris...You are so darling!!!!
THis is Wonderful LO,Tiff! I love it!!! It make me smile too :)))))

Jill said...

This LO is what makes scrapbooking so special. Just to document your adorable son's smile and costume and also your feelings and emotions! It's simply beautiful in every way. BIG hugs my friend- I love coming to visit your incredible blog!!

Sanne said...

he he love the little doctor - cute cute Tif!!!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Oh Tiff, what a great page! You really captured his spirit! So cute :)

Happy Halloween!

Belinda said...

Wow, lovely layout Tiff! This is just too cute!

Ayana Posadas said...

Tiffany, I love this layout so, so much! The details are perfect. But more importantly... I LOVEEE those photos! Chris is so cuteee with this outfit! Very adorable! Hope he has a super fun Halloween this year!!! :)

Savitri said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout!! Love the saying too and it'll be exciting to see what our kids will end up being when they grow up. I love the colors too. I don't think Halloween pages need to look Halloween-ish :)