Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Watercolor Petals

I've been wanting to use my Watercolor Petals set for a while now, and wasn't sure quite what to make with these beautiful stamps, but then this months 'Stationery Set' theme over at Hero Arts came along, and I thought this was a perfect use for them! I wanted to use these images in a very soft and subtle manner:

Watercolor Petals Stationery Set

Using this set and a few other HA stamps, I made a card and matching stationery set by stamping only the outer edges of the paper...keeping everything more to the right edge. On the top left, I stamped partially a Little Butterfly stamp!

And that was it, kept it simple and the card has additional embellies as well.

Watercolor Petals Stationery closeup

Now I just need the perfect size box for the stationery and attach coordinating ribbon to it, and it's done, ready for gift giving.

Supplies:
CL380 - Truly Appreciated.
CL431 - Watercolor petals.
H5424 - Exotic Bloom.
CG200 - Little butterfly.
AF181 - Poppy Chalk Ink.
AF183 - Cerulean Chalk Ink.
AF184 - Latte Chalk Ink.
AF182 - Grass chalk ink.
AF179 - Iris Chalk Ink.
CH213 - Sea Mixed Accents.
PS592 - Aubergine Layering Paper.

Other:
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Papertrey Ink ribbon.
Round corner punch.

25 comments:

Jana said...

ooohhhh.. pretty!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Gorgeous! What a great use for the watercolor petals set! Whoever gets this gift will love it!

Lin said...

Absoutely beautiful, the perfect use for these watercolor petals.

Nicky Hsu said...

What a good use of the watercolor petal set. You make a pretty set. Who is the lucky one?

Kathy said...

This looks so fun to stamp and love the effect of all the colors and stamps. Congrats Chris is back in school...lol
Hugs coming your way,Kathy

Michelle said...

Love the mix of stamps!! and the colours you used are perfect:-)

Barb said...

So nice to see a stationary set! This is so gorgeous, Tiff! I love the mix of stamps and colors you used! Just beautiful!

Virginia L. said...

Seriously inspiring, Tiff! Love your stamped stationary paper! Simply beautiful!! I love them all! PS: I love back to school time (not my kids though-LOL)!

Nat said...

so beautiful, I just adore this set!! :)

Dawn said...

Totally stunning Tiffany. Love the beautiful colours you used

Heather Maria said...

This is such a wonderful card and stationary set Tiffany! I love the beautiful colours you have used and the way you have layered the stamps!

Tomo H. said...

Wow! Tiff, you made such a fantastic stationary set and a lovely card! So creative! You really are an amazing avid paper crafter! Love these a lot! :)

walchowDesign said...

Lovely stationary Tiff! Love the colour combos you used!

vera rhuhay said...

Wow..TIff...this is gorgeous stationary sets! and the colors are so gorgeous!
now..you made me want those herohues chalk ink :)

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maylee said...

O my goodness, this is so gorgeous!

mustavcoffee said...

This is stunning,love the pastel colours:) xx

Jill said...

Complete and total awe here! LOVE this set sooo much! The colors are just beautiful and I love how you've layered the stamping!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh woooow project dear...totally adorable..love what you have made Tiff..hugs

Sassy said...

Gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Just a stunning set, Tif! I love it!

Agata said...

Stunning set! Love those colors and stamps you used for the letter paper!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful layered stamping, Tiffany!! very pretty colors, too!

Cindy Lee said...

The watercolors set are really gorgeous! I really love the effect and your stamping! Wow...I am drooling over this card!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Tiffany! Gorgeous set! Soooo pretty! Love the colors you picked! :-)