Sunday, August 22, 2010

There's a first time for everything....

........I finally did it......dived into Copic Markers.....WOW! What took me so long? Well, I KNOW why I stayed away from them. I was 'content' with the markers I was using but now that I'm using Copics, I don't think I ever want to go back to my old markers.....I'll be doing a lot of playing and experimenting with colors now:

Frost Blue Tall Flower2

I've been reading a lot of tutorials and techniques...so much to learn! Thanks to my friend Nancy for the enabling and giving me a great site to go to for really good prices on copics too!

Here is the full card, I will be giving this to someone very special....she loves pink, and I added some other colors to brighten up the card:

Frost Blue Tall Flower


It's been really busy around here! Birthday celebrations....DH will be starting a new job soon....lots and lots of house cleaning, and I have been searching around for good back-to-school bargains. Haven't bought any new backpacks or anything else yet, still looking....I'm soooo picky about Chris' backpacks! It's just crazy...hoping to get back to a regular routine soon!

Supplies:
Hero Arts:
CL186 - Home.
CG119 - Flourish Background.
CH213 - Sea Mixed Accents.
K5431 - Tall Flower.
CH211 - Blush Mixed Accents.

Copics:
B00 - Frost Blue.
BG45 - Nile Blue.
R20 - Blush.
RV11 - Pink.
G40 - Dim Green.
G28 - Ocean Green.
C1 - Cool Gray.

Other:
Spellbinders Nestabilities.
Round corner punch.
Adhesive tape.
Misc. cardstock.
Solar Neenah White cardstock.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Memento Black Ink.
Memento Rose Bud Ink.
Blue ribbon.
EK Success scallop punch.

23 comments:

Julie Batta said...

Yay for you!! I love my copics and you are going to love yours as well. You did a great job coloring the flowers, beautiful!!! Have fun.

debbie said...

Wonderful job with your copics! You are going to LOVE them, they are addictive!

Lin said...

OH NO!! Another one bites the dust :)))) But I know you will do wonderful things with them; can't wait to see what else you do. Did you get my email?

Brit Swiderski said...

Welcome to the dark side. :) Love your card as usual!

Barb said...

Welcome to the world of Copics, Tiff! Oh, boy. . .I've been waiting for you to get them! Your amazing talent, combined with those fabulous markers, is sure going to be something to see! Love your colorful card today!

Jill said...

Awesome job with the Copics! Love this cheery card. Can't wait to see what else you color with them- I just know it will be FAB! (Watch out- they're addicting!!)

Melissa said...

Lovely! I only have a few Copics but I really want to expand my collection. Do you mind sharing the website you are using to buy them off of?

Dotty Jo said...

You and Copics are just going to be a match made in heaven hun! Jo x

Jana said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Copics! :-) I am so happy to hear that you are loving them.

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Oh, gorgeous card! Copics are addictive! :) I hope you find just the right backpack for Chris.

donna mikasa said...

Make sure you stock up on refills, too! Nothing worse than a dried up pen! Love your card and how you shaded around the flowers! Have fun, Tif!

Virginia L. said...

Woohoo! NOW you know what the fuss is all about copics!! I know... I hate to say I do not use markers as much. Good luck with your DH's new job and backpack search! I went through the same thing...back in the days. I think I took backpack very seriously as to WHAT kind of backpack I (or should I say the little guy) should have!! FUN:)

Heather Maria said...

Your card is gorgeous Tiffany! The colour combination is so yummy and I love your design! Wonderful colouring with your new Copics!

Nancy said...

Look at you...jumping in with both feet! I can tell you had fun with those new markers. You certainly got them quickly and wasted no time creating something lovely!
bless you sweet friend!

Joy said...

WoooHoo! So pleased that you brought these Tiff, it will be the best investment you made, love your first Copic card.

vera rhuhay said...

Ha!You will can't stop using copics now.... I love my copics too!
Your card is bright Beautiful...Tiff!

Diana said...

So colorful and so Tiffany. Thanks for sharing!

Agata said...

YOur friend is a lucky person to receive such a gorgeous card! Looking forward to seeing more of your Copic creations!

Stamping Cafe said...

Yay... welcome to the world of Copics, Tiff!! Gorgeous card and coloring! Now that you are hook, are we going to start seeing you coloring those dolls? :) Warning... they are very addicted!! :)

Rose Ann said...

So, so pretty, Tiffany!! Such pretty colors too!!

Alice Wertz said...

isn't Copics addictive?? =) I am sure you will master them in no time! beautiful coloring already!!! very pretty card.

if you want or still looking for more Copic info and tutorial, Suzanne Dean's blog is where i started. Here is a like to her video tutorials and lots of other informations on Copics. I also started my color collection with her Copic Starter List (under the PDF files). You may already know all these, but just in case! =) have fun coloring!!!!

Suzanne C said...

Well your coloring is fabulous for just starting to use the Copics! You are a pro already. Lovely card.

Monika Reeck said...

OH Tiff...first time using Copics but soo adorable..I wish I am the lucky one who get a new copic card from you hehe...Tiff may I have your address..just finish a bday card for you...please emailing me to monik1973@yahoo.com Love, Monika