Sunday, August 1, 2010

Same stamp...two different looks...

So yesterday, I made a card using this adorable bird cage stamp, it was a simple card, today I thought I'd use the exact same stamp + some additional stamps to make a shabby chic/vintage type card, and here is the result:

it's the little things

Don't you just love that little notebook paper? That is also from the Dream Big set as well as the birdcage stamp.

The butterfly is from Au Naturale which is actually a retiring set and is at 50% off, so if you like it, hurry and go purchase it, it will be gone soon!

I distressed the notebook panel and the birdie and the white doily with TH inks.

The bird, I actually double layered to give it some depth. The butterflies, I randomly stamped and layered with black and TH inks.

Enjoy! Can't believe it's August already...crazy how time whifs by!

Supplies:
Au Naturale and Dream Big - Lizzie Anne Designs.
Tim Holtz inks - Tea Dye and Faded Jeans.
Kraft cardstock.
Jolee dimensional flower.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Mocha ribbon.
White doily.
K & Company patterned paper.

22 comments:

Brit said...

Adorable card! I love how you showed the stamp in two different ways right next to one another. I think this would be a great blog feature :) Love the idea!

Dawn said...

So different from yesterday Tiff.... I really like this one. You have captured the shabby chic look so well.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card. Love the doily background and the distressed paper.

Virginia L. said...

Love your background stamping with the bird cage image!! xoxo from MI Karen says hi!!

Barb said...

Love this, Tiff! The butterflies along the two sides are so pretty and the doily looks wonderful behind the birdcage! So neat to see two completely different cards using the same stamp! Love that!

Nancy said...

Wow, I love your eye for design, Tif! This is such a beautiful card and so very different from the one yesterday. The blue ink on the doily is a really smart detail.
blessings!

ivy said...

i DO love that little notebook paper! love your shabby chic card!

Vanessa said...

This is gorgeous, Tiffany!! I love how you stamped the butterflies! Love the doily and that adorable birdcage!

Janetcraft said...

love this piece..I like the bird in the cage with distress ink that you applied! nice!!

mustavcoffee said...

Hi Tiffany, this is gorgeous, love your cards:) xx

Agata said...

So beautiful! Love that vintage looking card!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

This is such a great shabby chic card! Beautiful!

Jill said...

Beautiful, elegant, and shabby chic! Love all of the lucious layers of stamping on this awesome card! WOWeee!

donna mikasa said...

Love how you turned your card "vintagey"! Very shabby and very chic! Love that bird cage!!

Cindy Lee said...

OMG!! You rock the style my dear friend!! I absolutely HEART your shabby card! It's so fabulous and it's my fave!!

Clare said...

Gooooorgeous!! I LOVE all the stamps you used - just a beautiful card!! :)

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Tiffany! I just love seeing this same stamp used for two totally different cards! I love to see how versatile the stamps can be! Thanks for sharing these! :-)

Tomo H. said...

Hi, Tiff! Beautiful and creative! Love the other card, too! :)
And I so love the card 'Flower Trio x 2' which you posted on July 12.
Thanks for sharing!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is super gorgeous, Tif! Love everything about this, especially the doily... just perfect!

Kathy said...

Aww...this is so eleant and beautiful Tiff..like i like to say "tifferiffic"
hugs to you

Alice Wertz said...

this is absolutely gorgeous, Tif!! wow! you should do shabby chic more!!! LOVE THIS!!

Jacqueline said...

Beautifully designed card, so love these colors!