Sunday, August 29, 2010

A PB Christmas....and photos from an HA class!

I love this darling stamp from Penny Black, isn't it cute? Once again, I incorporated a somewhat non-traditional color combo for x-mas, with hot pink and canary yellow. I did use some red though....love pairing red with yellow:

Snow Kiss

The image is called Snow Kiss, I made any white portion a little softer with a pale white copic, so the bear and the fur on the girl's hat and around her coat have a creamier type of color.

The sentiment is from a new Christmas set from Hero Arts called Sending Holiday Cheer...love this set!

And speaking of fun things from Hero Arts, yesterday I was very fortunate that I had the opportunity to take a class with Hero Arts' very own Ms. Sally Traidman! She is so very fun and cheerful! Here is a picture with some of our local Hero Arts fans:

Sally Traidman's Class

From left to right: Nancy Krueger, Kelly Marie Alvarez, Ivy Wong, Sally, and I.

This photo below has two of my favorite local stampers: Kathy Ethington in the far back and middle. And Barbara...she has the glasses perched on her hair.....they both teach at the LSS and are so talented:

Sally Traidman's Class2

Enjoy! I'm off to spend some time with my boys!


Supplies:
Penny Black - 4099K - Snow Kiss.

Hero Arts:
PS621 - Sunshine Layering papers.
CL464 - Sending Holiday Cheer.
CH216 - Sunshine Mixed Accents.

Other:
Cosmo Cricket Patterned Paper - Delovely.
Neenah Solar White Cardstock.
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
EK Success scallop punch.
Copics: E0000, R20, E09, G40, Y15, C1, R27, R29, Y19, E00, E02.

20 comments:

Virginia L. said...

LOVE LOVE the PB girl with the bear!! DARLING card, Tiff! I'm glad that you had a FAB time with the Sally, Nancy and Kelly...Wow!

Lin said...

Love your card, too, Tif.......I used to collect Teddy bears, and our HS mascot here is a polar bear, so this one rings all my chimes!! Your coloring is magnificent!
SO fun to see all the girls together! Lucky, lucky you to live where you do!

Belinda said...

Oh how fun! This image is adorable and I love the fun pp's you mixed in for your card! FUN FUN FUN colors! And I'm so jealous! I wish I lived in a place where I could take classes from Sally! How cool???? :)

Monika Reeck said...

The Images is sooo sooo cute Tiff and wooow it looks you have so much fun with Sally...yay...I am jealous why I leave in Germany no chance to meet HA ladies....oh yeah...I love always your card it is always cherry and happy.. and now with COPIC I can see you learn fast using copic hehehe...Love your card dear...

Dawn said...

Hi tiff... managed to pop into a couple of blogs on holiday... love this image and you have coloured it so well.... looks like a great day spend with your friends too.

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh, wow... the class looks like so much fun! I wish I could go to one of those classes too.
Your Penny Black card is so adorable! I just love your coloring!

Rosemary said...

what a cute christmas card! looks like you had a lot of fun with nancy, sally and all!

Jen said...

oh, so cute tiff!! my kids started singing christmas songs today...and with our cooler weather...i'm loving the holiday stuffs!!

Barb said...

This really is the sweetest image! I love the way you've colored it, Tiff! Such a cute card!

And how much fun for you to meet and stamp with Sally! Bet you all had a wonderful time!

~amy~ said...

Sweet card & great pics!

ivy said...

love the non traditional holiday colors! you are getting so good at the coloring!
wish we had more time to talk saturday!

donna mikasa said...

Love your card and how you shaded the images! You're becoming a Copic pro! And thanks for sharing some fun pics--how cool to get to meet Kelly and Sally!

debbie said...

Love your wonderful coloring on the card. Looks like you had so much fun.... wish I could have been there to share in the fun!

Kelly Booth said...

Ho Fun tiff...I wish I lived in So CAL!!!! Such a cute card too!!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Your card is so stinkin cute!! Cute bear! Looks like the class was a blast. Wish I lived closer so I could have joined you!

Alice Wertz said...

this is super duper cute, TIffany!!! LOVE that Penny Black stamp and love your pretty coloring!!! so glad that you had fun at Sally's class! thanks for sharing the wonderful photos!

Barbara said...

I love your card Tiffany!!!! It looks like you had a fun class too!

Hannah said...

that card is too darn cute!! love the new line from PB. love how you added a subtle outline to the image - the coloring is FAB! thanks for sharing pics from the class - wish i were there!

Suzanne C said...

Love that image and how you colored it and the design is fabulous! How fun that you all were together for classes and crafting together!

Tomo H. said...

Love your card, Tiff! Looks like you had a wonderful time to take the class! TFS! ;)