Friday, August 27, 2010

Not quite ready for Christmas...

....after all, the weather is in the high 80's here, and I'm still wearing flip flops and shorts.....so, it is still summer for me.....however, I couldn't resist and wanted to play with this darling reindeer:

IMG_8946

She is a sweetie and I love her....I colored her in, trimmed the entire deer and adhered over blush and white cardstock....kept it really simple....and added some diamond glaze in the background....a little hard to see here.

In order to not have to trim out around the horns, simply double stamp your image once you know where you will be placing it.....then use the 2nd image and adhere on top.....this way the horns appear more natural.

I want to color this in differing shades of brown and see which one I like the best.

Supplies:

Hero Arts:
G5439 - Fancy Reindeer.
CG211 - Magical Background.
CL357 - Holiday Dolls.
AF180 - Punch chalk ink.
PS620 - Blush layering papers.

Other:
Diamond glaze.
Copic Markers: E09, E27, R29, RV04.
Spellbinders Nestabilities.
Adhesive tape.
Memento Black Ink.
Memento Angel Pink ink.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Neenah Solar white cardstock.

19 comments:

Joy said...

Super, super cute, love this card, love all the pink going on and the back ground is awesome!

Nancy said...

Oh I want that deer....thanks for enabling me, Tif. I'll have to return the favor!
This design is too wonderful, you've highlighted the deer perfectly.
See you tomorrow!
blessings!

Suzanne C said...

What a sweet card! Love the background you created for that cute deer!

Lin said...

Fun seeing these newest stamps! I'll bet this cute reindeer will be used alot!

DeAnna said...

Lovely card! :D I like the pink background - nice pop of color!

Barb said...

So cute, Tiff! Love this sweet, new stamp! And your background is so fun!

Mariana Grigsby said...

I love this card Tiff!!!! Very cute stamp!

Heather Maria said...

Adorable Christmas card Tiffany! I love all the pink! The glistening background is gorgeous and the reindeer is so sweet!

Jacqueline said...

You used that deer in a great way in your design, really love this!

Monika Reeck said...

so sweeet Tiff, love your coloring and the bg ..again want to say happy belated bday my lovely friend...hugs...

Jill said...

Oh wowowowow!!! I just love the pink and the entire design!! SOOOO cute! Congrats on the HA tweet! :)

Stamping Cafe said...

What a sweet and adorable card, Tif!! Love the colors and the background you created!!

Jane said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Agata said...

This is totally adorable!!! Love that reindeer, too! You've created a great background!

Belinda said...

I love the use of the pink and the fun swirl bg and the fab little deer! This is so fun for an xmas card! I ADORE it!

Ayana Posadas said...

I would have never of thought to use pink in a holiday card. But you definitely made it look fabulous!!! Love this card. I think I am going to try using more "non-traditional" color-combos on my holiday cards from now on. :)

donna mikasa said...

Love this, Tif! I just got the Magical Background and I know it's going to be a new fave! The deer is just adorable in pink!

Alice Wertz said...

LOVE a pink holiday card!! this is so cute, Tiffany!

Heather P. said...

This one is soooooo totally CA-UTE! Love, love, love this!