Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Birthday...birthdays....

I think for the month of August, I know the most people with birthdays, from family members, to old and new friends, to former co-workers...it's crazy but fun! My mom requested from me to make her a birthday card for a party she is going to:

Birthday Fern and Seashells

I made two of them for her so she could choose.........these were to be non-girly cards...so I stayed away from fancy flowers, flourishes, and anything really cutesy!

I thought a nature theme with the 3 ferns stamp or a seashell/beachy type of card would suffice! Both cards are distressed, had a lot of fun with it.....I'm curious as to which one she will choose, not typically my mom's type of cards, but it really has to be geared towards the recipient, right? ;)

Enjoy.

Supplies:
Hero Arts:
PS608 - Latte Layering papers.
CL383 - Antique Engravings.
S5101 - Raindrop Background.
CL434 - Just Find Me.
PS601 - Pine Layering paper.
CG125 - Friend Definition.
S5154 - Three Ferns.
CH214 - Earth Mixed Accents.
CL272 - All Occasions Messages.
PS600 - Daffodil layering papers.

Other:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks.
White cardstock.
Colorbox Inks.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Assorted Misc. mocha papers.

12 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, Tiff! It's so fun to see you use distressing on cards! These turned out beautifully! So bold and bright! Love them both!

ivy said...

w fun that your mom asks you to make her some cards! she knows who to go to!

Dawn said...

Love them both Tiff. Great bright and clean looking cards.

Agata said...

Cool cards! Love the bold colors!

Lin said...

Love them both - the beachy one is a great marriage of design and sentiment!

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOO Pretty Tiff!! Love these Beauties.....

Heather Maria said...

These are two gorgeous cards Tiffany! Great designs and I love those bright summery colours! Your mom will probably want both of them!

Isha said...

Like both your cards Tiffany. I am sure your mom will like both. They are such bright and cheery cards.

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Both cards turned out beautiful! I love the 3 ferns card! I'm sure your Mom will love them too. :)

Thanh said...

i bet mom will pick the first one - butterfly! hello :)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful cards! She'll take both and give one today and save the other one for another birthday. :)

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful cards, Tif!! love the distressed look and those ferns are so pretty! makes me want to dig out my three ferns! thanks for the inspiration!!