Thursday, August 5, 2010

almost....

There is a funny little story surrounding this layout........specifically....the word that is used so much in my life.....don't know if you do this too......but here is the story about the word 'almost' and how it came to be...

almost....

People always ask me...."So, how old is he?" And I would never say, "Oh, he's 2!", or "Oh, he's 5!" Oh....no.......I would always say something like, "Oh, yeah...he's almost six!" Not sure if it's some kind of mental disturbance I have or just the fact that I really LOVED fractions in math, but rounding up my son's age is...well...just fun! Why not?

And do you hear people often say, "My son is 3.5 or 3 1/2!" I've never heard anyone say 3/4 of an age...well, that's a little silly, right?

So I was giggling while I was making this layout, because it's just so me...........;)

And let's not forget other infamous uses for this word, like...."I'm almost done!" "Almost there!" Just too fun! Once again, I had to indulge in my Echo Park papers and embellies! Can't resist the entire Echo Park Line....

I used some older Making Memories felt stickers that I had as well! Enjoy!

Stay tuned as I will be making some more fun cards with Lizzie Anne Designs stamps.....AND....I'll be working with some Pure Innocence images too.........I have loved Pure Innocence for awhile now, can't wait!

Supplies:
Echo Park papers - Sweet Summertime and A Walk in the Park.
Dear Lizzy/American Crafts.
Round corner punch.
EK Success Large Scallop punch.
Making Memories alpha stickers.
Double sided adhesive.

12 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, this is precious! Love your fun and colorful layout. I do the same thing, Tif, round up when we're talking ages.....that doesn't apply to me, though :)

debbie said...

Such a fun, adorable layout! and I'm not telling you my age, because I don't need any rounding up LOL!

Dawn said...

Tiff... Just a gorgeous layout. I bet Chris loves being almost 6 instead of just 5!!!!

Barb said...

Gosh he's cute! He just looks so happy! Love this bright, colorful layout, Tiff! I can see why you adore these papers. My favorite part, besides Chris' photo, is the hot air balloon with the pinwheels! So fun!

Virginia L. said...

What a CUTIE!! I also round up the age for my kids... just not myself :) It's funny that we both have "similar" posts today! Happy Birthday, Chris! I feel your Momomy's love for you from this page. All the details are just LOVELY in every way!

Nat said...

beautiful fun layout, your little man is such a cutie pie!! :)

donna mikasa said...

Look at that face! Such a cutie pie! And wait till they get into their teens and beyond. You'll forget how old they are! 25? 26? I try to forget how old I am, too......

Vanessa said...

Adorable!! He is so cute, Tiff! Love your beautiful layout!!

Agata said...

So fun! I think I use that word quite often, too! But I also used to say "2 and 3/4"!!! :)

Leni said...

He is growing!!! I can see he is almost 6!! ( the eye of a teacher :) ) My children are almost 12 and almost 15...ha...ha...

Suzanne C said...

LOve your layouts and the pictures are always too cute of your son. Love that the title has special meaning!

Alice Wertz said...

Chris' smile is priceless!! super cute layout, Tiffany!! love the pps you used and that hot air balloon and pinwheels are such cute touches!!