Monday, July 26, 2010

Super-Sized Banana Split

Hi all! Just something fun I came up with for this months Food, Travel, and/or Bookmaking Challenge over at Hero Arts:

Family Sized Banana Split

I took only the top portion of the Large Cupcake stamp and turned it into individual icecream scoops for a banana split dish.

Lots of Hero goodness with their layering papers, mixed accents, and the sweet Cherries stamp as well!

The 'bananas' were free hand cut and 'distressed' in yellow ink. The dessert dish was also cut by hand, so fun to make, I think I was giggling the whole time I made this, I am really dying for some icecream right now! Yumm! This is definitely a LARGE card, good for about 10 people to sign their names!

Thanks for peeking in!

Supplies:
Hero Arts:
CH211 - Blush Mixed Accents.
CG157 - Large Cupcake.
CG117 - Cherries.
CH213 - Sea Mixed Accents.
PS600 - Daffodil layering papers.
PS599 - Poppy Layering papers.
CH216 - Sunshine Mixed Accents.
PS603 - Celadon layering papers.
CL222 - Birthday Expressions.

Other:
Papers:
Anna Griffin.
Lasting Impressions.
K & Company.
Me and My Big Ideas.

Other:
Tim Holtz Ink - mustard seed.
Making Memories buttons.

15 comments:

Dawn said...

Makes me hungry just looking at it... think I'll have to go have an ice cream myself. Amazing card Tiffany

Barb said...

It's not only large, it's so much fun! What a blast you must have had making this one, Tiff! So clever, so creative and just so darn cute! LOVE IT! :)

Lucy Abrams said...

This is classic Tiff - unique, pretty and so clever.

Diana said...

Super fun Tiffany. Way to go!

Agata said...

This is so fun!!! Love your big cup full of ice cream!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

This is so clever! Love it Tiff. Love all the colors and your idea is fantastic!

Barbara said...

This is beautiful and brilliant!!!!

Heather Maria said...

Tiffany, I love your creative and wonderful looking banana split!Such a great use of the top of the cupcake stamp and I your embellishing too!

Alice Wertz said...

this is sooooooooo fun, TIffany!!! you are so creative and clever! love those scoops of ice creams!! super yummy card!! =) love it!

ivy said...

it really looks like something i've eaten at farrell's! except i like yours better---no calories!

Kelly Booth said...

Is this ever C?UTE CUTE CUTE!!! Love it tiff!!

Stamping Cafe said...

You are amazingly clever, Tif!! Love everything about it!

AnitaRex said...

This is pure genius! What a great idea! I love this, and it looks delish!

Suzanne C said...

This is fabulous!!!! Love this idea! Can be used for so many people in my family. :)

Monika Reeck said...

this is a yummy card dear...lovely color combo too..adorable....