Friday, July 23, 2010

Come fly away with me.....

A couple of fun and whimsical cards for me today.....I didn't feel like stamping today, so these cards concentrate on, yet again, stickers! I challenge you to make a scenic card with stickers only, including the sentiment:

Come fly a kite with me

The sentiment was actually the absolutely hardest for me because no matter where I placed the 'h' and the 'i', it just didn't look right..........so finally after debating it, I thought it would be fun to 'hide' it somewhere in the clouds near the kite!

Here is another one, this one makes me really happy:

Yippee....It's a Birthday!


I chose to personalize the stickers with the word 'yippee' because it makes me feel like a kid again! ;)

Enjoy and I'll be back with more whimsical cards, you see what I mean, one day I'm into tags, and one day I'm into fun and silly.....I'm all over the place! Hope your weekend is a good one!

Supplies:
Patterned paper:
Echo Park - A Walk in the Park.
Dear Lizzy/American Craft dimensional adhesives.
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels One.
Cuttlebug.
White cardstock.
Foam adhesive.

19 comments:

Jill said...

So fun and happy! I might have to get out my stickers now!!

Dawn said...

great cards - so happy looking

Barb said...

I like that you're all over the place, Tiff! It's great because you inspire me on so many different levels of creativity! Love that! Such cute cards today! TFS!

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS, FABULOUS!! I love the HI sentiment in the cloud! That was ingenius! And the happy colors just made me smile :)

Suzanne C said...

Love the kite scene it is so sweet! The balloons are sweet with the sentiment.

Lin said...

Love them both - the tiny little hearts are so charming. CARDS blog is having a kite challenge; you should enter that one there!

Nancy said...

I for one totally appreciate your "all over the place" style. It totally works for you. Both cards are so fun today, they make me smile! I especially like the "hi" in the the cloud, so fun and unexpected.
bless you,
nancy

debbie said...

Both of them are adorable :)) they certainly bring a smile to your face!

Barbara said...

This is wonderful Tiffany! I love that you explained your thought process behind the word "hi"! I was thinking how brilliant it was when I first saw it!

Agata said...

Those are so fun! I do not really own that many whimsical stickers to be able to make a card like that so I guess I pass this challenge, if you don't mind! ;-)

Dotty Jo said...

Just back from two wonderful weeks in Greece and am feeling a bit of the post-holday blues, however your cards have really cheered me up! Hugs, Jo x

ivy said...

love the yippee one! great placement of the 'hi' too. amamzing what one can do without anystamps.

donna mikasa said...

That's the beauty of those alpha stickers--which I absolutely love!--and the placement is perfect! Love both of your cards and they make me smile, too! =)

Alice Wertz said...

so fun and delightful!! LOVE the cute little scene you built for the first card and the second one is so fun! love them both! can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Love your sticker cards! That kite and the cloud are so cute together! Such happy cards!

Marilyn said...

Love these cute, fun, cards! Like how clean, and crisp, you made them!

Cindy Lee said...

Thanks for the inspiration of using letter stickers! I love your take!! It's just too cute!

Kelly Booth said...

Adorable cards Tiff....LOVE LOVE them!!

Trinh said...

Congrats on the CARDS blog feature, Tiff! Your card is super cute and fun.