Wednesday, June 23, 2010

They sang to Josh Groban's "You raised me up".....and a card to share.

Now I don't know about you.....but if you know Josh Groban's song "You raised me up....", then you know why a parent might CRY while its being played at a graduation ceremony......WOW! I will show you pics and videos of my son's graduation today in a bit.......but first off, just a real quick card I made:

A summer garden


I used two sets on this card to make it a little fun and whimsical! The beach ball actually comes from this set called Let's Chill. I thought I'd add that on to the fun scenery which consisted of stamps from this set called Sending Smiles! For some reason, I'm always associating balls and toys always laying around in a garden or backyard, don't you?? Well, I guess if you have kids! ;)

Ok, so that was just a super fun card that was simple and required some coloring, loved doing all the coloring!

Now, here are some photos and videos of the graduation, I only chose some out of the many that I took. This is Chris standing with his classmates on the bleacher platform. He is in the white, long sleeve shirt on the very left, first row (all the caps on their heads, the little pinwheel batons, makeshift diplomas, and certificates were made by PTA members that don't even have Kindergartners, so generous of them!):

IMG_8178

With one of the aides:

IMG_8182

Giving me a BIG smile:

IMG_8171

With some of his buddies, BTW, there were 3 Christopher's in the class....I'm sure it was a task keeping them all in order and not mixing them up...lol:

IMG_8183


IMG_8184

The videos contain 1) Chris getting his certificate and 2) a short one on his class just entering the auditorium. The JG song video is too long and big to show here, but the kids rehearsed some movements to go with it, it was so darling!





Thanks for sticking with me through the long post! Phew!

Supplies for card:
Hero Arts:
CL438 - Let's Chill.
CL444 - Sending Smiles.
CH213 - Sea Mixed Accents.

Other:
Assorted Markers.
White cardstock.
Bazzill Cardstock.

20 comments:

debbie said...

Love the pictures and the video! He is so darling and what a smile!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love your card! Can't wait to play with the Sending Smiles set. The pics and video are adorable. I love the way Christopher is "studying" his certificate in the video. Too cute!

Michelle said...

Adorable card! Adorable boy! Hang in momma it goes real fast from here!

Lin said...

SO FUN, Tif!! Are they all actually in ONE class? Love all the pictures; Chris is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

Christopher is sooo cute! Thanks for sharing the pics from his day! And I love your card, too- AWESOME coloring!

Barb said...

Such a fun card, Tiff! So glad you shared the photos and video too! Chris is such a cutie! I would've cried hearing that song too...for sure!

Nancy said...

There is nothing so sweet as those happy kindergarten smiles...congrats on this major milestone in Chris' life. You go ahead and shed happy tears if you want, you've earned it!
Your card is adorable, almost as adorable as your cute kid.
blessings,
nancy

Dawn said...

Fabulous post Tiffany. What a smart young man, Loved the videos. How proud you must have been.
Love the card as well.

Dwita said...

Love your coloring on the images. Love the pics and the video. Now, it's time to have the summer vacation...

Cindy Lee said...

This is my fav song of Josh Groban!! No wonder momma cried. I would cry too :) Aww..Chris is so handsome! Aren't you a proud momma??

Sasya said...

oh your card is so pretty and cute!! :) and the pics are so fun!

Kryssi said...

sweet card and your boy is too cute!!! thks for sharing!

Jen said...

oh, how fun! isn't it a killer to watch your kidlets get big!? it's killing me!! LOVE your card..such a cute little girl!!

Brit Swiderski said...

Love the card too- the rainboots are just absolutely adorable. Congrats on your son's graduation. Are you going to throw a party? Hehe. Yes, I'm taking summer classes- digi photography and technical and professional writing. Both are required for my major but require a lot of outside-of-class work, so I thought I'd get them out of the way so I don't have to worry about them when I have to take other classes as well. I'm glad I'm getting them out of the way, but it's hard when everyone else is having summer without you! Thanks for your sweet comment. I have more pictures to post, and I'm hoping to get them scrapped by the end of summer. I should probably get the pictures edited and printed first though. Ha. See you in blogland!

Alice Wertz said...

adorable card!! thanks for sharing the photos and videos, too! Chris is so cute, love his big smile!! =)

AnitaRex said...

Loved seeing photo's of your son's kindergarten grad! It must have been sad! They grow up way too fast! Love the card and when I saw the ball it made total sense to me too, that's what my yard looks like too!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE seeing photo's of your little man...his smile just lights up the world!! Thanks for Sharing....

ivy said...

that's a fave song of mine. i would've teared up too! great photos! congrats to the kinder graduate!
cute card!

Monika Reeck said...

ooh love your sons smile he is sooo adorable dear...

Suzanne C said...

What an adorable card. Love the pictures of your son he is too cute and love how he poses for you!