Friday, June 25, 2010

It was 1982.....

.....and, oh, how I remember it so well! I was 12 yrs. old, in 7th grade and I was so excited that I had an ACTUAL typewriting class....whoa! I loved typewriting class.........it was the only class I looked forward to, well maybe Art class came in a close first, but anyways............it was a true symbol of what was the start of the technology that we have today:

You're just my type

What I loved best was all the fun noise that 30 students would make at the same time on those noisy machines! And oh, the TIMED tests were the best, ready.....GO.....and then DING..........stop.......and the teacher would tell you how to calculate how fast you typed, TOO FUN! And, remember, for those of you who know typewriters.......the difference between the manual, liquid correction fluid and then, ta-da..........there was the fancier correction tape that you could put inside your typewriter..haha!

I loved every bit of it and how strange it is now to be an almost obsolete piece of culture.....my child will only read about it in books, he will never really 'see' it in person!

This was such a fun SET to work with, can't wait to ink up the other images!

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn stamps - Just my type.
Bazzill basics.
October Afternoon.
Ribbon.
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic scalloped ovals lg, and classic ovals lg.
Cuttlebug.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Assorted Markers.

21 comments:

Jill said...

Love the background paper and awesome colors on the typewriter! And your stories about typing class are so fun! :)

wendyp said...

Tifany, this is super cute! love that background paper with the typewriter image!

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, super cute! I loved your typewriting class memories, takes me back too! TFS!

Dotty Jo said...

I love how you paired the typewriter with that background! Love your bow too - the gingham looks great! Jo x

mustavcoffee said...

What a fabulous card, it's all so right, sentiment, image and great colours, xx

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love your story and your card! I remember taking typing class in high school. :)

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute Tif...Love this sweet card!

Nancy said...

Well that brought up some fond memories for me too! Your card is so perfect, love that background paper.
blessings,
nancy

Barb said...

Love this fun card, Tiff! So great to walk down memory lane with you! Great post!

Dawn said...

I too remember sitting in typing class Tiffany. Such fun. Love this card

ivy said...

i hated typewriting class!! i'm never good at being timed on typing!

Sanne said...

What a funny image / sentiment - lol......
Great card Tif!

Deirdre said...

I remember we used to race to get to the ding! Hilarious..... it was like galloping horses.... love your card.

Monika Reeck said...

Stunning Tiff..love always your design and crisp color of your beautiful card...miss you... :)

Alice Wertz said...

perfect background paper and LOVE the colors you used! that ribbon is so yummy!! love this!!

Arlene said...

My granddaughter doesn't know what a record player is and she's never seen a typewriter either - or a rotary phone, except the fake one that her mommy bought.

Loved your story and the card is darling.

donna mikasa said...

I loved my Typing class, too--and timed tests were my favorite! Can't beat those old Royals! Love your nostalgic card...

Jane said...

LOVE LOVE this card!!!

Suzanne C said...

I remember typing class too! Loved it too. This is a fab card!

Cindy Lee said...

Gosh!! This is so my type!! You know I LOVE this card, right???

Savitri said...

This is adorable and I LOVE the colors too!!! Awesome work here. I was terrible in typing. In Indonesia I used those big old ones and my pinky ALWAYS went in between the letters. I hated it and didn't think I'd be able to type as fast as I do now :P