Thursday, June 3, 2010

Getting sketchy...and thinking of Icecream!

.....Ha....is that news? Me thinking of food as inspiration........today, the sun is shining so brightly and it made me want to make a really happy and colorful card! So I took one of Shari Carroll's sketches over at the Hero Arts blog, and then I added my love for Sherbet Icecream........combining the two elements, I came out with this card below:

Summer Roses

So fun! I was thinking about how summer brings about the prettiest of all colors - pastels and brights!

Enjoy! I hope the sun is shining wherever you are and that you are thinking of summery things like rainbows, crayola crayons, fruity jello, and colorful lollipops! ;) lol.

Supplies:
Hero Arts:
PS555 - Poppy folded cards.
PS566 - Snow folded cards.
PS600 - Daffodil Layering papers.
CL129 - Anytime Messages.
CG179 - Rose Background.

Other:
Bazzill textured cardstock.
Doodlebug Ink.
Colorbox Canary yellow ink.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Blossom.
Cuttlebug.
Round corner punch.
Pink ribbon.

17 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the gracefulness of this card and pink and orange...yum

Barb said...

So pretty! I love the design and colors!! Wonderful card, Tiff! :)

Alice Wertz said...

YUM!!! very sweet colors and beautiful stamping!! LOVE your take on the sketch, too! fantastic card, Tif!!

Jill said...

How do you do it? Everyo time I visit your blog I am floored by your innovative designs and awesome color combos! This is totally GORGEOUS!

donna mikasa said...

I love your sherbet-y inspiration! Great sketch and yummy colors! Amazing card!

Jen said...

oh, so pretty!! i love the your choice of colors...so nice and soft!! love it girl!!

Vanessa said...

This is beautiful, Tiff! Love your summery card! And I can finally see sunshine here!!

Maylee said...

Gorgeous summery card Tiffany!

Cindy Lee said...

Fun colors and so whimsy!

Dawn said...

So pretty Tiffany. It does remind me of sherbet icecream... perfect

Jane said...

BEAUTIFUL! LOVE it!

Diana said...

Super cool shape Tif! Happy Summer!

Agata said...

So beautiful! I like how you used this stamp all over the card but in different ways!

Monika Reeck said...

Love your bright flower color Tiff...I am so sorry not so commenting much on your Blog...so less time :(( but thanks for leave me some love dear..miss you....

Stamping Cafe said...

Totally gorgeous, Tif!! Such yummy colors, LOVE it!!

Joy said...

Gorgeous Tiff, such beauitful, bright and cheerful colours and the design layout is stunning.

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous roses and love how you did three different styles of the roses. Beautiful card!